Amsterdam United?

DomTheAthlete29

• 4 weeks later...

Clean and balanced...top notch.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Very clean. Might want to check the path that the text is set on, it's too close to the outside edge on the left side of the wordmark. I agree with sparky on the tulips in this case -- simpler is better.

The identity of this screams holland (in a good way) due to all of the elements in the logo.

I just think Holland United isn't the greatest of names. I understand it makes sense, but the pairing of a United, usually associated with a club team, with Holland, which is (incorrectly) used as a National team name seems a little strange. Maybe making it North Holland or South Holland would help. Maybe I am just being very picky.

I would also like to see an element which indicates what sport this is for eg "FC" somewhere or a ball in the logo. Right now it could be for anything.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I just think Holland United isn't the greatest of names. I understand it makes sense, but the pairing of a United, usually associated with a club team, with Holland, which is (incorrectly) used as a National team name seems a little strange. Maybe making it North Holland or South Holland would help. Maybe I am just being very picky.

This is a good point - mind you, on seeing the original identity my assumption was that the club was representing the two Holland provinces in the Fußball-Weltliga. Leaves the door open for a future fantasy team to be based in Eindhoven or Utrecht or somewhere though, I guess.

It should be added that all the best teams were formed in 1904, so good choice on that front Chris. ;)

The simplified tulips look much better, I reckon. The fact that there's eight of them also reflects the (current) eight boroughs of Amsterdam which is a nice touch given the club's name.

Archived