Charlotte Hornets Concept. I too am bringing back the buzz

AAO

Regarding the Queen City. Cincinnati is also known as the Queen City. My humble little city of Bangor, Maine is also known as the Queen City, although nobody cares, but what to do about Cincinnati's claim? I know they don't have an NBA team but that might confuse people.

Also, people have said the bee is feminine. If we're going with Queen City, why not a queen bee? Just saying.

mainescarf.png

Regarding the Queen City. Cincinnati is also known as the Queen City. My humble little city of Bangor, Maine is also known as the Queen City, although nobody cares, but what to do about Cincinnati's claim? I know they don't have an NBA team but that might confuse people.

Also, people have said the bee is feminine. If we're going with Queen City, why not a queen bee? Just saying.

When I think of Queen City, I think of Cincinnati. I think Springfield, Missouri also uses Queen City. Probably best to avoid.

This is pretty great. Overall, I'd prefer the original teal back and a modified or even the original Hugo logo, but if the powder blue used in the press conference and ads is any indication of that not happening, this would be a hard set to dislike. Not bad work!

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

When I think of Queen City, I think of Cincinnati. I think Springfield, Missouri also uses Queen City. Probably best to avoid.

Charlotte was named after Queen Charlotte wife of King George III. Hence the Queen City nickname. Mecklenburg county which Charlotte is located in was also named after Queen Charlotte. She was known as Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

Charlotte was named after Queen Charlotte wife of King George III. Hence the Queen City nickname. Mecklenburg county which Charlotte is located in was also named after Queen Charlotte. She was known as Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

Also, anyone from the Southeast knows that Charlotte is the Queen City. Honestly did not know that Cincinatti also went by that name. Either way, referring to Charlotte as the QC is not only not a big deal, it's completely appropriate.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

I like most of your stuff, Ian...but this is kinda... dull. It's like you tried way too hard to make the perfect symmetrical logo. If you look at the original Hugo logo, most of the charm comes from the goofiness of the logo. It's a huge angry bee wearing white gloves and huge shoes, bouncing a basketball. I don't see any emotion or personality coming from your bee.

And your bee is not even holding the basketball. The legs don't touch it.

I like the Queen City idea, but it might be better if it only said "Queen City" and eliminated the Hornets on the bottom.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived