Charlotte Hornets Concept. I too am bringing back the buzz

AAO

******NEW CONCEPT HERE******

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/93977-charlotte-hornets-concept-ii-and-iii-update-with-new-hornet-and-uniforms/

So mine draws a little inspiration from all of the Charlotte/Hornets teams. The hornet is slightly influenced by the fleur de bee of the now extinct NOLA Hornets (too nice of a concept to be canned). The Queen City C-Crown takes way from the Bobcats. The wordmark arch/placement takes way from the Charlotte Hornets of old. The wordmark is slightly similar to the Bobcats' current wordmarks. The honeycomb pattern in the uniform side panels are subliminal and are a fairly new brand element. The pinstripes mimick the Hornets of the 90's and past Bobcats' unis. Still in the works. Suggestions welcome.

For comparisons sake to the Nola fleur de bee:

I like this a lot. The word mark works perfectly. I was a bit afraid when reading that you were trying to draw inspiration from the fleur de bee....but you made it work very well. I'm not too sure the "C" logo works for me. It just seems busy with the stripes.

gYH2mW9.png

Love the logos. I'm not wild on the jerseys, specifically the teal/blue one. With the dark pinstripes and dark letters, it's just not separating enough. Making the wordmark and numbers white might help this out...or maybe even making the pinstripes a little more sublimated.

Overall, solid job, as usual.

I really like the updated main logo. Like someone else has said, I'd love to see a purple alternate uniform possibly saying Hornets across the chest.

Also, I'm glad you decided to keep the C logo that the Bobcats used. I always liked that logo.

The Hornet looks a little....feminine. I don't know if that's the right word, but it doesn't seem aggressive enough.

+1 on this. I don't know if the lines are too soft/curved or what, but I picture this more like the Hornet equivalent of Babs Bunny than something that's going to kick my butt. Having teal and purple as colors make it more pressing that you avoid femininity. Face needs to be fiercer.

To be fair, only female hornets actually sting.

Males are drones that only exist to mate, as in most colonial insects. This fact is often lost on sports fans who just want an aggressive animal as their mascot.

Heh. Perhaps going back to the Hornets moniker wasn't the best choice after all...

Hey! Just thought of something. Since it's the Queen City, should Jason Collins sign with the Hornets?

Hey! Just thought of something. Since it's the Queen City, should Jason Collins sign with the Hornets?

No. Just...no.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Here are a few thoughts:

-I'd go back to the teal letters for "Charlotte" on the home whites and the white letters for everything except the names on the road teals. The purple really doesn't make the uniforms stand out like the old ones did. However, I'd change the names on the teal jerseys to purple. On this set particularly the names might be too hard to see.

-The problem I see with the logo is that the hornet is simply holding the basketball. There's no action or aggressiveness in it. The hornet itself is fine but you may want to depict it as doing some sort of action with the ball like shooting, passing or dribbling. Also, having the hornet there alone without the ball isn't a bad idea either.

-I'd move the logo on the shorts from the left knee to the side panel.

Archived