Local Real-Life Softball Designs

JCRGraphix

One of my buddies from work plays softball in a league on the Army installation where we work. The first design I did was for his team, the Army Materiel Command Starz.

548965_10151612475861383_1912050772_n.jpg

946721_10151664337706383_255513827_n.jpg

Here he is in the shirt. Apparently the t-shirt printers don't understand the concept of spacing and size. Oh well.

One of the other teams in the league liked the design a lot and decided to hire me (with beer) to design theirs too.

This one is the Space and Missile Defense Command "Sons of Pitches"

sops2_zps48ba0434.png

sops1_zps3e86b81f.png

As someone who works with screen printers a lot and even dabbles in the art myself, I can tell you that if they messed up the spacing and size of the print it's because your files were probably wrong.

That is unless you use a cheap/bad printer, which is just a horrible idea. When it comes to design work, never take the cheap way out.

jNTsTyQ.png

You spelled materials wrong. Other than that, I like the concepts. Sons of Pitches is funny.

"Materiel" is the word for military supplies.

A shame the size on the actual shirt got messed up. I'm not a huge fan of that font, but it would've looked simple and well enough for a beer league softball team.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

As someone who works with screen printers a lot and even dabbles in the art myself, I can tell you that if they messed up the spacing and size of the print it's because your files were probably wrong.

That is unless you use a cheap/bad printer, which is just a horrible idea. When it comes to design work, never take the cheap way out.

It would have to be off by a good bit though sizewise wouldn't it? Our team sent a design to Custom Ink for ours, but it was a pretty generic sidewinder logo. It turned out pretty decent. Not as good as the baseball jersey I had made though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

. I didn't actually handle the printing, I gave the basic design and graphic files to my friend who is on the team. I don't know who he used.

Archived