sportstar1212's NHL

sportstar1212

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've made any hockey concepts so I decided to get back into it. This is going to be my NHL series. I'm doing all 30 teams, starting with the Ducks (yes, I'm doing the teams in alphabetical order). Without further ado, here they are:

Anaheim Ducks
luOmyd4.png
It's no secret that the Ducks current home and roads need to go. I decided to promote the third to home jersey, and made a matching road, which I really like how it turned out. The third jersey has a pretty traditional striping pattern and features the original Mighty Ducks logo on the front. The wordmark logo has been relegated to the helmet and pants, the only place where it should be. Thoughts?

Excellent start. I would suggest dropping the phantom yokes and the roundel on the shoulder patch, though, to cut down on how busy it is.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've done a concept. Now that school is done, my free time has tripled, which means more time for concepts! Anyway, here are my Bruins:

Boston Bruins

u1tepwR.png

The Bruins look is probably one of top 3 in the league (Chicago and Detroit would be the other 2). I made one very minor change, which was drop the black outline on the NOB for the home. I also put the lazy third jersey to pasture. I'm drawing a blank for what to do for a new third, so if anyone has some ideas that would be great.

I have another concept ready today.

Buffalo Sabres

fOZl5gd.png

I went back to the original look for the Sabres. I also created a new third jersey, with the script from the 40th anniversary throwback and the striping was taken from the pants stripe. I have a feeling that the upcoming third jersey is going to be similar to this. What do you guys think? I'm also still looking for suggestions for a third jersey for the Bruins.

I don't want to be that guy, but these league wide redesigns are a bit.. meh. Take this for example. First three teams posted are a recycled third, not changed, and recycled throwbacks. Lets get some creativity here. I know some teams are harder than others but if you want to undertake a league wide redesign, redesign them - think outside the box if you will. This is the concepts thread, show off what you can do, not what others have already done.

I don't want to be that guy, but these league wide redesigns are a bit.. meh. Take this for example. First three teams posted are a recycled third, not changed, and recycled throwbacks. Lets get some creativity here. I know some teams are harder than others but if you want to undertake a league wide redesign, redesign them - think outside the box if you will. This is the concepts thread, show off what you can do, not what others have already done.

Thank you.

I'm sick of seeing the same concepts for a bunch of these teams. If you don't have enough creativity to do every team in the league, don't.

I disagree. I like seeing concept series where it's what the league would "ideally" look like. No need to redesign the Bruins, Redwings or any team with tradition. I'm sure there are teams in this series who will get a whole new look, just not the first 3.

The Ducks set gets points for making the stand-alone "D Foot" the primary but as far as the jerseys go I think they could do better. There is no need for the phantom shoulder yoke and the vertical hem design looks bad on the current third... Adapting it to a white jersey does it no favours... Actually makes it look worse. I see no problem with the craftsmanship but please try and be more original. I'm positive I've seen that Sabres third somewhere before...

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I last posted a concept so today I decided to double up and get the series back on track.

Calgary Flames

IvHC8Vc.pngCalgary is a tough team to make concepts for, I don't know why that is. They were one of the best looking teams in the league prior to the cluster:censored: Reebok gave them: side panel striping, the flags on the shoulders (seriously, who the hell thought that was a good idea?) I fixed it by bringing back the hem stripes and the flaming horse shoulder patch. I also went to a cleaner font. The retro third jersey stays as is. As I was making the concept, I still wasn't feeling it. I'm thinking of going back to retros full time, but I'm open to suggestions.

Carolina Hurricanes

0cUWG2V.pngUnpopular opinion alert: I actually don't mind the Canes new threads. I like the simplicity of them and if they just put the storm flag logo on the shoulders I would be content with them. That said, they still could have done much better. This concept is basically what I had in mind when I found out that they were getting a new look. As you can see, the striping pattern stays consistent across all 3 jerseys, regardless of the base color. I like the new number font, the nameplate inside the shoulder yoke, and the storm flags inside the collar so I kept those elements on these. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out.

C&C welcome as always and once again, I'm looking for help on the Flames.

Archived