Central Canada Hockey League *Real Life Project!*

JCRGraphix

On your "traditional" option, check your points. Lots of sloppy corners on the leaf, which I think takes away from it as a whole. If I were you, I'd go for a less traditional (ie taken right off the flag) maple leaf. It can be traditional while being unique ;)

I fixed the points and also created another logo. Here is what I just sent the league.

leaguelogos_zps0f72198e.png

Everything looks great, especially the first leaf style. Have you considered using just the CCHL letters with it?

Just a personal opinion... There's too many varations of the same logo. Maybe do a little self editing before sending to your client, especially since there's really only 2 ideas (3 if you consider #11-15 different enough). Very nice work though!

hmmm, I really think the waving leaf has potential. Too many logos contain the proper leaf. Maybe put the script to the right of the waving leaf or even influence the "C" shape of the leaf into the name. If I had to pick on of the proper leaves, I'd go with the very last one.

So I finally heard back from the league and although they loved the stuff I did, they wanted something a little more specific. Basically, they wanted something similar to their old logo but also reflecting their history. They were founded in 1961 by the Montreal Canadiens organization, so they wanted a little bit of that. Here's my latest design.

leaguelogo_zps108bca71.png

its really a shame, you had such good ideas before. If this is what they want though, then its a good substitute; they can't possibly not go with this, it matches everything they are asking for. I really would have loved to see that curved waving leaf though :(

its really a shame, you had such good ideas before. If this is what they want though, then its a good substitute; they can't possibly not go with this, it matches everything they are asking for. I really would have loved to see that curved waving leaf though :(

I'm repackaging the curved leaf and pitching it to one of their teams. I'll keep everybody informed...

I'm repackaging the curved leaf and pitching it to one of their teams. I'll keep everybody informed...

So as I said before, here's the repackaged design.

carletonplace_zps84afc9ca.png

wow, those Carleton Place jerseys are nice. Glad to see you used the logo and the C shape idea. Colours are great, represents the leaf very well and the font is great too. Nice work!

Archived