Seattle Metropolitans Concept (Updated)

speedy

I like the idea, and the concept is well executed. One thing that needs to be done is to eliminate the small light green stripes between the dark green and the white stripes on the green jersey.

When you have two colors that do not contrast well, like light green/dark green (and not even as much contrast as baby blue/navy blue), you have to keep them separated. They can never touch, because they will blend, especially at distance. In your logo, you managed this well, perhaps unintentionally, but it worked. The two greens are always separated by white. Maintain that on the jerseys.

I'd also like to see SOMETHING different on the whites. They're too much like the Blackhawks' whites, which are used everywhere. Adding any element to mix things up would be a good change.

Have you thought about implementing some black to add contrast? Use it like Team Canada, very sparingly, but very effectively. I think it could help, and considering that this is a whole new idea, it would be black, but not black for black's sake.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Two-tone green is a fantastic idea. Looks ABSOLUTELY amazing on the uniforms. I like the life-preserver idea, but would still like to see a wave incorporated. Also- what is the significance of the star?

Overall- upgrade. Big upgrade.

It's a nod to Seattle's marine industry as well as a subtle nod to Seattle's only Stanley Cup. Being the first American team to win it, I think they should honor it in some way. Not like Ottawa does, but something quiet and unassuming.

I think they would be called the Metros, with their official name being the Metropolitans. No one would actually ever called them that.

As far as green and blue, I was personally thinking that it would be too close to the Canucks and may be considered a rip off, but the Canucks are primarily blue. I think if the blue was different enough and used as strictly a secondary color, it would work.

That being said, I still prefer the double green. It works well in the Emerald City.

Yeah, I mean I figured they'd go by the Metros. No one calls the Mets the New York Metropolitans on a daily basis - although they do have "Mets" in their primary. Either way, in my mind this concept is the Seattle Metros.

I agree with your points about the green/blue and will not be using it. I agree it would look great, but there's no way Vancouver would let that fly when/if Phoenix ends up in Seattle.

I like the idea, and the concept is well executed. One thing that needs to be done is to eliminate the small light green stripes between the dark green and the white stripes on the green jersey.

When you have two colors that do not contrast well, like light green/dark green (and not even as much contrast as baby blue/navy blue), you have to keep them separated. They can never touch, because they will blend, especially at distance. In your logo, you managed this well, perhaps unintentionally, but it worked. The two greens are always separated by white. Maintain that on the jerseys.

I'd also like to see SOMETHING different on the whites. They're too much like the Blackhawks' whites, which are used everywhere. Adding any element to mix things up would be a good change.

Have you thought about implementing some black to add contrast? Use it like Team Canada, very sparingly, but very effectively. I think it could help, and considering that this is a whole new idea, it would be black, but not black for black's sake.

All fair points. The separation is intentional on the logos, and the blending is intention on the jersey. I like that it's not visually overpowering. The second green is a subtle addition, it's used for contrast on the pants and helmets but only as an accent on the jersey.

I can see a Blackhawks comparison (and was afraid of that), but I think it's kind of a stretch. What I used is actually the Bruins striping widths.

I personally feel like black would muddle the look a bit. The 2nd green is pretty dark and then with the addition of black (albeit sparingly) it might take away from it.

All good suggestions though. Thanks for the comments guys!

I think they would be called the Metros, with their official name being the Metropolitans. No one would actually ever called them that.

As far as green and blue, I was personally thinking that it would be too close to the Canucks and may be considered a rip off, but the Canucks are primarily blue. I think if the blue was different enough and used as strictly a secondary color, it would work.

That being said, I still prefer the double green. It works well in the Emerald City.

You're absolutely right.

A bit "brain cramp" here lol.

The logo and jerseys are sharp! Seeing that some don't agree with the darker green, maybe just make it a touch darker so it doesnt blend in with the brighter main green for those who don't have the best eye for colour. I'm quite impressed otherwise!

Archived