United Football Association- Admirals Poll, Blazers Added

LAWeaver

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nickname for the Jacksonville team, Spiders, seems a bit generic. Then again, perhaps there is a connection between Jacksonville and spiders that I am not aware of.

It was either that or the jets. I created a logo for the spiders and I think it turned out pretty good. The omaha and indy expansion teams will be posted next.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Just looked through the thread for the first time and I have to say, you are one of the most creative and ingenious designers I have seen on these boards. Bravo!

wow. That means a lot to me, considering the other talent in this forum. Thanks! Should have some of the South uploaded onto my Photobucket account later in the day.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Wisconsin Knights Primary Logo (Was originally Milwaukee Knights. Thanks to illwauk for the suggestion in the last thread).

IMG_20130707_180020_zps06d7aea9.jpg

Home and Away Jerseys. Nothing Flashy here.

IMG_20130707_180044_zps6ca74fef.jpg

Helmet.

IMG_20130707_180127_zps1562dbd1.jpg

Thoughts? What was your favorite from the NORTH division?

Logo: Chicago

Helmet: Minnesota

Jerseys: Detroit

I'd have to go with either Minnesota or Detroit as my favorite, but I just love Chicago's logo

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Thanks for the input, DScruggy. The Atlanta Bobcats and the Memphis Outlaws have been sent to photobucket, but no confirmation email has been sent back to me. Will post them as soon as their up.

Team histories are back. Added them on the Tomahawks and the Knights on the previous page. Moving right along to the UFA South! First team: the Memphis Outlaws!

The Outlaws came into the league as apart of the 1996 Expansion. Though the number of league titles have been short, the wins have been there for the 'Laws, who rank in the top 10 in most offensive and defensive categories across the league. Since '04, Memphis has won an astounding 117 games with an average record usually between 10-6 and 13-3, with this season being a disappointing 7-9 (missed playoffs) The team has also collected two perfect seasons in the same time span that include 2 SOUTH titles and the 2011 league title (other perfect record was a first round upset vs. Salt Lake City in 2007). Rivalries for the Outlaws include the league's other top teams such as Las Vegas, Boston, Minnesota, and In-state rivalries between the Blazers and Bears.

Here are the Memphis Outlaws!

Primary Logo (Luckily I had a cowboy hat to look at for reference. Otherwise, it woulda been in the shape of a butt; a butt hat, if you would):

IMG_20130724_152411_zps3b217179.jpg

Home and away with Barbed wire single-sleeve stripes (tried to make a barbed wire watermark with another set but didn't work)

IMG_20130724_152439_zps743e3038.jpg

Helmets:

IMG_20130724_152454_zps13257750.jpg

Next team: The Atlanta Bobcats!

The Bobcats entered the league through the 1982 expansion as the Georgia Bobcats, featuring a gold and black color scheme. That was until 2008, when the team decided to change to Silver, Sky/Light Blue, and Black, as well as changing their team name from Georgia to Atlanta. The team has won several division titles in their history but none within the past decade nor have they won a league title in the franchise's 30+ year history. Record wise, the past decade isn't impressive either, coming in at 7th in the SOUTH at 67-93 (25th in the league), only ahead of the Blazers, and 7th in the final standings this past season.

Here are the Atlanta Bobcats!

Primary Logo (The original was WAY too close to the Charlotte bobcats primary. Was happy at first for being so close, then I wasn't)

IMG_20130724_152308_zpsb84fd36b.jpg

Home & Away:

IMG_20130724_152329_zpsd8ab234a.jpg

Helmet (Not good at making Chrome yet. Still a work in progress)

IMG_20130724_152346_zpsbc513304.jpg

Memphis looks good, really like the barb wire on the shoulders. I like Atlanta's uniforms, pretty solid but nothing spectacular. But the logo is really just so-so for me.

Updated the first post with Stadium names. Alabama and Knoxville are on my account for those who want to go ahead and head over. Here is the link: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&page=1. I retook the pictures due to the lighting and sent them to my account. Will post them when they're ready.

Updated the first post with Stadium names. And now, back to the series with the Knoxville Bears!

The Knoxville Bears are one of the Original 8 teams that entered the league. Knoxville won the bid over Miami, which has lost bids for each and every expansion for the UFA, including the upcoming Expansion after they were beat by Houston. The Bears have been known as the "Strong, silent type" amongst the teams in the league. In the past decade, Knoxville owns the second most games in the SOUTH division behind in-state rival Memphis at a combined record of 116-44 which is also 4th in the league.

Success seems to be Knoxville's middle name, with 2 SOUTH titles in the past decade with 2 Citi Bowl Championships. Overall, the team has 4 league titles (1982, 1998, 2009, 2012), which is tied for second most In league history (Patriots-6, Chiefs, Tigers, Bears-4).

Here are your Knoxville Bears!

Primary:

IMG_20130726_102707-1_zps1b3b5c0b.jpg

Home & Away:

IMG_20130726_102741_zps9d1b2076.jpg

Helmet:

IMG_20130726_102753_zpse61486ae.jpg

Second Team of the day: the Alabama Vipers!

The Alabama Vipers entered the league through the 2004 Expansion. The reasoning behind putting a team in Alabama compared to other choices at the time (Charlotte, Jacksonville, Miami, and Little Rock) was because of a certain university in the state: the University of Alabama. Since the University had a successful football program and a strong fan base, the choice was clear that Tuscaloosa was a perfect location to hold a UFA team.

The team takes great pride in their home state and owns a great fan base as well. To show these things, the team put the Alabama state flag in their logo and on their helmet while using it as an alternate logo. To show their appreciation towards the fans, the use a special helmet that resembles snake skin.

Since the team began play, they have been the Vipers have appeared in 5 of the 10 playoffs. In that time, the team won the 2008 SOUTH title but are 6th in the conference based on overall record at 79-81 (18th in the league) with a 7-9 record this past season. Still, the team shows that they love their fans no matter the record.

Here is the Primary:

IMG_20130726_102929-1_zps43fe3179.jpg

Home and Away:

IMG_20130726_103209_zps29cf34f7.jpg

Helmets:

IMG_20130726_103137_zps3d348b5c.jpg

Love the cleverness of Alabama. To be honest, you should cut down the number of helmets with letter-logos on them. There is already Knoxville, Detroit, Memphis, Columbus, and Iowa. Maybe change Iowa's to something more crop-duster like, and Memphis's to an outlaw.

I think I'll change canton's helmet to look like the old leather ones (like the redskins throwback). After looking at these again, Iowa and Detroit may change as well as Knoxville. Thanks for the input though!

I love Alabama it's so clever and creative, I also believe the places of these teams is very interesting knowing that the NFL would likely not place a team in Alabama or even consider one in Knoxville nice work!

Archived