United Football Association- Admirals Poll, Blazers Added

LAWeaver

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry 'bout the wait. been kinda busy lately and ran into a slump on my EAST jerseys/helmets. They will be posted after the SOUTH is finished. As for your comments:

Knoxville reminds me of Quinnipiac's logo: quin_zps53716408.png

I see the similarity, but Quinnipiac was not an inspiration.

Love the cleverness of Alabama. To be honest, you should cut down the number of helmets with letter-logos on them. There is already Knoxville, Detroit, Memphis, Columbus, and Iowa. Maybe change Iowa's to something more crop-duster like, and Memphis's to an outlaw.

Iowa has begun the "total transformation" mode in which a new set of jerseys will be presented and a gradient helmet has JUST NOW been completed. I have switched Detroit's helmet to a Michigan-like helmet (white and blue with red outline. SHOULD be posted tomorrow). Knoxville is the tricky one and I'm not sure what I will use for the Dawgs. Barbed-wire striping down the helmet might be what I'll use for the Outlaws.

Also, I will be setting up a poll to see which color scheme I should use for the Virginia Admirals before I work on them.

Tampa Bay will be posted in a matter of minutes!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Here are the Tampa Bay Hurricanes!

The Tampa Bay Hurricanes entered the league through the 1991 Expansion and was chosen over Miami, Charlotte, Memphis, and St. Louis.

Although the team began play in 1991, the people in the organization have had roots that trace back to the league's founding. The team owner and the GM have made great contributions in helping the league. For instance, before the 2009 season, TB's General Manager contacted Nike to create their football uniforms. Though the league had no official uniform/equipment supplier, most teams were using Adidas for their apparel. But as the company began to transition into the college level, their designs became lacking in the UFA. So, with help from the UFA Commissioner, in addition to majority of the league's CEOs, GMs, and team owners, the league made it official before the 2009 season that Nike would be creating the team's practice, retail, and on-field uniforms.

As for the team owner, he has had roots that date back to the Minnesota Tigers. At first, the team was planning on settling in Memphis, Tennessee. But with the help of Tampa Bay's current owner (then Minnesota head coach), the team changed their plans and headed north, where the franchise has been located for 35 years and many more to come. The owner has also had a say in the finalists for the league's expansion teams. With the current commissioner ready to retire in a few seasons, the "Eye of the Hurricanes", as he is known as around the league, is a candidate to fill the position as he will give ownership to his family.

Success wise, the Hurricanes have been a strong team within the past decade. In that time, the Hurricanes are a combined 101-59 (3rd in the south, 9th in the league) collecting 3 SOUTH titles (4th most division titles by a team in their respective division since 2004) with a league title coming in 2006 (Other league title in 1994). The team was tied for being the best team in the league record-wise this season (with the Cajuns), going 12-4 before suffering a 2nd-round 28-14 loss to the Washington Eagles. The team plays their home games at Draden Field with their primary sponsor being Draden Restaurants (Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday's, Cheesecake Factory, etc.)

Primary:

IMG_20130724_152553_zpsc9c12c32.jpg

Home & Away:

IMG_20130724_152611_zpsbaa326e2.jpg

Helmet:

IMG_20130724_152616_zps7bfd3319.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Moving on to the next team: the Nashville Blazers!

The Blazers entered the league in 1991 but was known as the Nashville Yellow Jackets up until this past season when they rebranded. While the previous name had no real tie-ins to the area, the name "Blazers" comes from the country music culture that surrounds the area with many guitarists "Blazing" on their guitars. Thus the name Nashville Blazers was born.

Since 2004, the Blazers have been one of the worst teams in the league with a combined record of 58-102 (Last in the SOUTH, 27th in UFA, avg. 5-6 wins a year). This past season was considered a miracle season though. At Week 6, the team was at 1-5, last in the league. But by the end of he year, the team rallied, going 7-3 the rest of the way, capturing the 4th and final seed in the SOUTH (15th seed overall), and a 1st round upset win over the Minnesota Tigers before being defeated by the Canton Pioneers in the 2nd round.

Here are the Nashville Blazers!

Primary:

IMG_20130724_152109_zps501dccf1.jpg

Home and Away:

IMG_20130724_152217_zps2cad1681.jpg

Helmet:

IMG_20130724_152235_zps42dbd247.jpg

AS always, post your C+C and it will be heard! Also, I have edited the poll. I will be using the boat/battleship as the primary but I am still waiting for more votes as for the color scheme. Pine/Dark Green and Tan has been removed while the NAVY has been switched to BLUE for the Navy, White, and Yellow option. Will keep the poll open all weekend. Thanks for voting!

Admirals and Blazers oh my...

Anyways.

I usually refrain from critical critique on this board, but in this case I must be critical.

Slow down. Develop your ideas more. Learn Inkscape and/or Gimp. Apply your drawings to

these one or both of these applications. It will be worth your while in the long run. The amount of time that you are putting into these is obvious. Use some of that time to take the next step.

Now for the Hurricanes. I get what you were going for, but you ended up with the Chargers. Hurricanes symbols are distinct. What you have are a clump of Bolts.

It is a good idea, just develop it more. Research it more.

Keep giving it your all.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Admirals and Blazers oh my...Anyways.I usually refrain from critical critique on this board, but in this case I must be critical.Slow down. Develop your ideas more. Learn Inkscape and/or Gimp. Apply your drawings tothese one or both of these applications. It will be worth your while in the long run. The amount of time that you are putting into these is obvious. Use some of that time to take the next step.Now for the Hurricanes. I get what you were going for, but you ended up with the Chargers. Hurricanes symbols are distinct. What you have are a clump of Bolts.It is a good idea, just develop it more. Research it more.Keep giving it your all.

thanks for your honesty, GP. I was trying not to make the Hurricanes like the chargers but that's what happened. I couldn't think of any other design, but after I made it, I knew I was gonna go back and redo the whole set.

As for the Inkscape/gimp programs, that will have to wait because I have a metered download capacity with my Internet, and even googling pictures drains our percentage. In a few weeks when I'm back in school I should be able to get either one though.

Originally, this project started on my NCAA Football 2011 game, so at first, not much thought was put into the whole thing. But since then, I have put a lot more thought into the overall project.

Again, I appreciate the honesty.

quote name="generalshepherd141" post="2056858" timestamp="1375629966"]Hurricanes are Tampa Bay Storm and San Diego Chargers mixture

Yeah, I know. Major rebrand coming for the team. This includes color scheme, logo, and uniforms, and helmets. How does green and orange sound?

quote name="generalshepherd141" post="2056858" timestamp="1375629966"]Hurricanes are Tampa Bay Storm and San Diego Chargers mixture

Yeah, I know. Major rebrand coming for the team. This includes color scheme, logo, and uniforms, and helmets. How does green and orange sound?

Is it just my computer or it looks like you failed quoting that

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I like your creativity with your concepts here, and agree with GP about the whole cleaning it up with a program like gimp or paint. Since you've already scanned/took picture of the drawings, all you would have to do is go over the image with a brush on paint (or you could redo them using a template). But I love what you have done with the helmets so far, good work!

Actually, I am in the process of doing just that! Just started with Columbus and I have o say, its coming along pretty good. I might make another thread for them. T

hanks for the feedback!

Here is a before and after of my Bulldogs Concept logo-wise:

Before, I used an edited version of the new Georgia Bulldogs logo:
BulldogsPrimary_zps3e6a5c70.png

Here is the After, a clean-up of the hand drawn logo:
Bulldogs2_zps28716bd8.png

Will keep the poll open through tomorrow morning. If I have to, I will post two concepts (using a paint template and Vanderbilt's primary logo as a place-holder). One with the Navy and Faded Red and the other with Blue and Yellow for you guys to look at and vote on via replies.

Archived