United Football Association- Admirals Poll, Blazers Added

LAWeaver

The United Football Association is back and better than ever! I learned from my mistake of using current and past team logos ( NE Patriots, Yale Bulldogs, Scranton-Wilkes Barre Pioneers) and began creating hand drawn concepts. Then, school caught up to me and I didn't have as much free time. Finally, summer came around and I began creating concepts again. Plus, with every team comes their own history. But first, here is the story of the NAoPSL:

In 1975, nearly a dozen wealthy business owners decided to create a sports league. But what was different was that it wasn't only one sport. Instead, they decided to create a Mega-League with multiple sports. After gathering friends and family to join in on the action, the Mega-League was completed and began play in 1978. Today, this "Mega-League" is known as the National Association of Professional Sporting Leagues (NAoPSL for short). Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, and Soccer are the current sports involved in the NAoPSL. Future sports up for consideration are Lacrosse, Dodgeball, Ultimate Frisbee, and Women's sports such as Basketball and Softball are up for consideration, located in smaller markets. Each league started with 8 teams a piece. Today, each sport has grown to 32 teams, with expansions taking place for all sports in 1982, '91, '96, '04, and future expansions in 2016 and possibly 2024. Each sport also has 4 divisions of 8 teams: North, South, East, and West.

One thing the NAoPSL is known for is the bounty of Fortune 500 Companies that sponsor the teams. Companies such as Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Kroger, Colgate-Palmolive, Macy's, and many more, have spent the money necessary to help their teams succeed.

And now for the Teams of the UFA (star by the name means the team is an "Original 8" team, in the league since its inaugural season) Colors for each team included beside the team name. White included with each team identity.

NORTH

Canton Pioneers (Maroon, Black, Silver) Goodyear Stadium

Columbus Bulldogs (Orange, Brown) Nationwide Stadium

Minnesota Tigers* (Orange, Black) Best Buy Stadium

Wisconsin Knights (Gray, Black) American Family Bowl

Iowa Crop Dusters (Goldenrod, Black) Principal Stadium

Detroit Giants* (Red, Blue) Chevy Dome

Chicago Mobsters (Slate, Silver) State Farm Field

Kentucky Tomahawks (Navy, Red) KFC Stadium

SOUTH

Knoxville Bears* (Purple, Black) Cigna Stadium

Nashville Blazers (Copper-Light Brown, Light Blue) DG Field

Tampa Bay Hurricanes (Navy, Gold-Goldenrod) Draden Field

Orlando Dolphins (Teal, Orange) Fidelity Field

Louisiana Cajuns (Red, Black, Yellow) Century Stadium

Memphis Outlaws (Dark Green, Yellow) FedEx Complex

Atlanta Bobcats (Light Blue, Silver, Black) Coca-Cola Field

Alabama Vipers (Red, Silver) Regions Stadium

EAST

Boston Patriots* (Navy, Red, Silver) Massachusetts Life Stadium

New York Generals* (Red, Black) Pepsi Stadium

New Jersey Jaguars (Yellow, Silver, Black) Johnson Field

Philadelphia Falcons (Orange, Silver, Black) Hershey Field

Virginia Admirals (Pine Green, Gold, Silver) Advance Auto Bowl

Washington Eagles (Gold, Black) CarMax Field

Baltimore Kings (Purple, Silver Black) Marriott Stadium

Raleigh Rams (Blue, Yellow) BB&T Field

WEST

Las Vegas Chiefs* (Red, Black) MGM Resorts Stadium

Los Angeles Stars* (Yellow, Black) Magic Center

San Francisco Sharks* (Teal, Silver, Black) Google Sporting Complex-San Francisco

Colorado Wildcats (Navy, Silver, Orange) Hopper Stadium at Mile High

Seattle Thunderbirds (Navy, Silver, Lime-Light Green, Green) Microsoft Stadium

Oakland Pirates (Black, Silver) Apple Field

Portland Beavers (Brown, Orange) Nike Bowl

Salt Lake City Devils (Lime-Light Green, Black) Amazon Stadium-Lakeside

2016 EXPANSION TEAMS

Buffalo Stampede (Dark Green, Brown) New York Life Field

Pittsburgh Maulers (Orange, Purple) Steel City Bowl

Omaha Blackhawks (Gold, Light Blue, Black) Omaha Stadium

Indianapolis Huskies (Navy, Red) WellPoint Dome

Jacksonville Spiders (Maroon, Silver) NextEra Stadium

Houston Aeros (Orange, Silver) Exxon Dome

Phoenix Greyhounds (Maroon, Tan-Sand, Silver) PetSmart Dome

San Diego Sabers (Goldenrod, Brown, Silver) Chevron Bowl

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Columbus Bulldogs began play in 1982. They were apart of the 1982 expansion which included 8 teams, as did the '91 expansion and the upcoming 2016 expansion. Since 2004,known as the Modern era after the schedule was expanded to 16 games, the Bulldogs have a combined record of 107-53, one of the best in the league in that period of time. In this span, they have won 3 divisional titles but not the coveted Stars & Stripes Cup. This past season was below average for the team, going 7-9 and finishing 6th in the North.

The top image is the primary, followed by the home & away jerseys. The bottom image is the League logo with the Championship game logo, the "Citi Bowl", located in the corner. C+C, as always, is appreciated!

picture043_zpse3b63d08.jpg

picture040_zpsba3ecf49.jpg

UnitedFootballAssociation_zpsc210592f.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Suggestions heard. I have a list of names for Pittsburgh: Maulers, Brigade, and Griffins. For Houston, it's the lonestars or rustlers. What would the logo be for the rustlers?

Sean, I might just go with that. Right now, I'm not too worried about the expansion teams since I will do them last although I have Jacksonville's, Indy's, and Omaha's logos ready. I also like your suggestion of the Maulers for Pittsburgh, but I'm leaning towards Brigade on that one. Im probably gonna make a couple logos for both and see which one turns out the best. Pretty Soon I will post the Chicago Mobsters on here as well.

Errr... have you taken into account how much the Bulldogs identity nearly mirrors that of the Cleveland Browns? The dog theme, use of brown and orange, only the popping setting the jerseys apart; even the CB logo tip-toes around the line of being this Browns unused concept from back in the day http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/155/full/5225.gif. It's a fine identity, if not a bit generic, but it's kinda been used.

Errr... have you taken into account how much the Bulldogs identity nearly mirrors that of the Cleveland Browns? The dog theme, use of brown and orange, only the popping setting the jerseys apart; even the CB logo tip-toes around the line of being this Browns unused concept from back in the day http://content.sport.../full/5225.gif. It's a fine identity, if not a bit generic, but it's kinda been used.
Yeah I do realize that. I was thinking about using an orange jersey as the home and the brown as an alt, but I chose the other way around.

But the bulldog head was actually inspired by Yale's logo. Since there was so much white space in the logo, I thought I had to put something. I'd be kidding my self if the set wasn't inspired by the Browns as well.

At the end of the series, I hope to go back and redo some things based on "Public Opinion", so to speak. Thanks for the comment though!

I like the direction of the Bulldogs logo- it just seems weird that their jersey/color scheme is so close to the Browns.

Can't wait to see the Iowa Cropdusters concept. You should have yellow be one of the primaries, since it's used by the Cyclones, Hawkeyes, and UNI Panthers, as well as the color of many cropduster planes.

Current Concept Project (Midwest Minor League Baseball) : http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/93417-minor-league-baseball-concept-team-names-poll/

I like the direction of the Bulldogs logo- it just seems weird that their jersey/color scheme is so close to the Browns.

Can't wait to see the Iowa Cropdusters concept. You should have yellow be one of the primaries, since it's used by the Cyclones, Hawkeyes, and UNI Panthers, as well as the color of many cropduster planes.

Yeah, seems as if I'll go back and redo the bulldogs by making the home orange when I get the North finished. Iowa and Chicago will be posted later today. Lucky for you, sidekicksuicide, iowa's main color is yellow ( goldenrod according to my crayola).

The Chicago Mobsters, like the Bulldogs, came into the league in 1982. Since then, they have rebranded twice. They were originally the Warhawks until 2000 when they renamed themselves to the Grizzlies and renamed themselves again after the 2012 season to the Mobsters. In the Modern era, the Mobsters have usually been in the bottom half of the league, going 70-90 (7th in the North, 24th in the league) while missing the playoffs at 8-8 this past season. The team has also never won a North division title nor have they won a Citi Bowl Championship.

The team colors are slate and cool gray. Here are the Chicago Mobsters!

picture046_zps1a16490c.jpg

Suggestions heard. I have a list of names for Pittsburgh: Maulers, Brigade, and Griffins. For Houston, it's the lonestars or rustlers. What would the logo be for the rustlers?

Something involving a cowboy with a whip on horseback.

I'm thinking mavericks would work with that instead of rustlers.

By the way, the Boston Patriots is basically the current NFL team. You should use the 'Rebels' nickname instead.

Also, I absolutely hate the 'Buffalo Herd'. Sounds nothing like a sports team name. Maybe instead be the 'Stampede'.

Thundering Herd ring a bell?

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Memo from the "Commissioner": I thank the "public" for nickname suggestions for the league's 2016 expansion teams. Pittsburgh's future owner has chosen the Maulers, the choice of the public. Buffalo's future owner will choose the Stampede, also a choice by the public. Houston's owner will choose the nickname "Aeros" for their future team. Also, despite request, the Boston Patriots will not be changing their names.

Archived