High School Logo Proposal

AusGiant

Hey Guys, First time poster on the boards so go easy on me. Made this logo for my College (High School for the Americans out there) as it's looking to rebrand for next year. Looking for some help in regards to what needs improving, changing and whether the font suits the logo.

Any criticism is welcome

1z3yviq.png

Just a bit about the logo;

• The drip represents an odd sculpture near the school
  • The star on the left represents West Melbourne

So colleges in where your from are actually like american high schools? Good logo, but i think that the change in direction for the s is to sharp

Yeah, College = high school in Australia.

I agree with STLCards on the angle of that S, but its a solid design other than that.

Thanks for the help guys. Any ideas on how make it less sharp?

I actually like the sharp cut in the S, Looks like to shape a book or something, like going onto the next page. I like that. If you're going to round it out though, I would say round out the shape above it too. Hell even making it look like the binding of a book.

I agree on the S comments. This is a sharp look overall.

So what do they call the level after college? University?

Yep, University

Do they have a mascot at all you could possibly incorporate into the logo?

Nope, our sports teams call themselves the Lakers though

Thanks for the input guys. I'll tinker with it some more and post the changes soon.

I know you've got the star to the left to represent West Melbourne, but that makes the interior of the shield look a little unbalanced to me...could you move the drip from the bottom of the shield to the right side (underneath the "C") to balance the inside?

and the rounded letters look better to me as well...

Archived