Super League Hockey---- Millionaires and Governors

kevsim1

How many matchdays are there?

70 :lol: plus the playoffs. ALmost a 3rd of the way now!

70 games for each team.

-12 vs same division, same country (12x1=12)

-8 vs same division, different country (8x2=16)

-6 vs same conference(outside division), same country (6x2=12)

-5 vs same conference(outside division), different country (5x2=10)

-3 vs different division, same country (3x4=12)

-2 vs different division, different country (2x4=8)

Playoffs: I know tHE NHL's old system got a lot of scrutiny from a lot of people, where the top seed in each division was awarded a top 3 seed in the playoffs. The Florida Panthers were one that just sent the complaining over the top, as a team that would otherwise finnish 7th, grabbed the 3rd seed, while teams below them had over 20 points more than them. Well, if you were one of these people, you might no like this very much. In the SLH, the top seed in each division gets a bye in round one. The 2 teams with the least points in each conference are eliminated, no matter their division (ie. 2 teams from pacific going through, 4 teams from midwest if 2 pacific teams are worst in the conference.). This means that in the first round, we're left with 4 teams in each conference, as 2 from each conference have byes, and 2 from each conference are eliminated. The top seed is paired with the bottom seed (1vs4 2vs3) in a best of 7 series. As you can see, the division title is extremely important, as you could have as many as 7 less games played as your second round opponent. The winners of the 2 first round games (in each conference) go onto the second round, where the division winners come into play. The winner of the 1vs4 match plays the lower seeded division winner, and the 2vs3 game winner plays the higher seeded division winner. This is a 7 game series. Now this, is where the big difference from any of the big 4 sports formats come into play. Unlike any of those sports, there must be a east vs west or AL vs NL or AFC vs NFC championship series/game. The 4 teams remaining (in total) are seeded in within their conference ( east team with most points of 2 ranked E1.). E1 will play W2 in a mini 3 game series, while E2 will play W1 in a mini 3 game series. The teams will go into a MJTMBC style bracket. The 2 winners play each other in a mini 3 game series(non-elimination), and the 2 losers play each other in a mini 3 game series(elimination). In the winners series, the winner of that 3 gamer will advance to the Championship final. The loser of the winners game will face the winner of the losers game (again 3 games) to determine who will be the 2nd team to punch their ticket to the Championship final. The loser of the loser game... the journey ends here. One that 3 game series is determined between teh winner game loser and loser game winner, we have our Championship final, a 7 game series for the trophy. As you can tell, it is possible for 2 east teams, or 2 west teams to make it to the championship final. I sure hope that made sense. You guys following?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sloppy. The line thickness is all over the place, the size of the spaces in the gear aren't consistent, at the top of the gear there is a stray mark, and the wordmark doesn't suit the logo.

rATMcmK.png

I love the concept of the logo, but as Whittier said, the execution is abysmal. It looks a bit unbalanced towards the right. The line thickness is inconsistent, the gear is oval-shaped rather than circular, and the tooth size in inconsistent. If you make everything more geometric, this will be awesome. I agree that the wordmark looks tacked on. The addition of red, which appears nowhere in the logo, seems a bit strange. Also, the font doesn't fit too well. While not the best, the one that came to mind for me was IronCladBolted. If you want to keep the current font, which I think could work, I'd recommend at least changing the spacing slightly. The E and R should probably be closer to the T. Even though the spacing between the letters is consistent, all the white space underneath the T throws things off a bit.

Like I said, this has got a lot of potential to be awesome.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I'm almost done Nashville and Detroit fixes. Any ideas on how to include the Maroon into the Detroit logo?

Stripe in the middle?

Thanks for the suggestion JMoe! I'll try that, and I also have a few ideas myself so I'll make a few. Anyone else?

It can work if you use 4 spokes you can avoid the gap as so:

gears.jpg

its a rough sketch lol

The problem with that is it now resembles a peppermint candy and hides the G. Maybe make the spokes so that they are behind the G?

Yea that was the point, was just sketching out a layout that could work with the G shape

Archived