2015-16 Toronto Raptors Redesign Concept (**Updated with Holiday Jerseys**)

1stRound DraftPick

Great work! It is nice to see how you pulled off using stripes with these colors without it looking to Portland-ish.

Only nitpick is the T-DOT, using another script would look a little better in my opinion.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Is the problem with the word "T-DOT", the font, or both?

"T-DOT" will sell. A lot of Toronto rappers use it, and listeners pretty much make up to a third of potential jersey buyers. The font, though basic, gives it that "hard knock" feel. My issue with it is the black number on the front, but it needs to match the number on the back.

The only other option is putting "TORONTO" on the front, because Toronto doesn't really have any other nicknames. However, it will lose the cultural feel.

I love most of these, but I just can't get buy into the "T-DOT" script.

Haha I hear you. As I mentioned though, these are more of a 'cultural' type of jersey, like Portland's white 'Rip City', or New Orleans' indigo/green 'NOLA' jerseys. These would rarely be worn, and aren't exactly included in the main set.

Great work! It is nice to see how you pulled off using stripes with these colors without it looking to Portland-ish.

Only nitpick is the T-DOT, using another script would look a little better in my opinion.

I had never heard Toronto called T-DOT, so that was new to me. I think its kinda meh but I would like Toronto. And its defiantly not the font, that's fine.

If you Google 'T-DOT', you pretty much get results for 'Toronto' or 'Tennessee Department of Transportation' LOL.

I tried doing the jersey with 'TORONTO' and with 'T.O.', but it doesn't feel the same. Lost the cultural feel.

T-dot will sell..I'm not from Toronto. Don't like the idea of Jerseys with nicknames within nicknames..but CATS,Rip city,Atl,Nola,...obviously there is a market for this!

Exactly. I'm not a fan of the 'T-DOT' either, but I know that there are many people in Toronto who would LOVE this jersey. ATL is a perfect example. Purist don't like it, but it sells more than a lot of other jerseys.

• 5 months later...

Hey 1stRound,

I was just doing some searching online for the raptors jersey font and found this thread topic. I actually registered just to say that I really like your design for your T-Dot jersey idea. I, as well as many others I know use the T-Dot nickname. As a torontonian, I've heard it used a lot actually and so I love the idea of this jersey. I think that if designed properly these jerseys would sell very well, here at least.

I think the only real issue I have about the jersey is the integration of the T-Dot and the skyline at the top of the jersey. I just think that the T-Dot script would look a lot better if it had a more creative/cohesive design like the raptors wordmark. Also, if the skyline and secondary/paw print had a bit of a black stroke around it, it would pop against the white a little bit better. Finally, if there was a way to integrate those better with the upper lines in the jersey, like you did integrating the raptors wordmark on the primary home, it would be really good.

Anyways, I've probably spoken too much already. Just wanted to say that I really liked the design and that I got the whole T-Dot thing and didn't want you to doubt it. Also, really liked the court and the St. Pats jerseys, especially since you kept the raptors red so it really popped on that green. I know this really late considering when this was all posted haha good stuff!

Omari

omariw: First off, welcome to the boards. I stumbled upon this forum in similar fashion, and it was one of the best stumbles I've ever had.

Since you're new here, I thought I'd give you a note about how we do things on this particular forum. Bumping up old threads is discouraged. The reason is because, 99% of the time, if a thread has dropped way down, the designer has likely abandoned the project, and the advice, however useful, isn't going to be of use to the designer. Bumping old threads up crowds the first page (where most of us check for threads) with outdated threads, and keeps out the projects that designers are currently working on and are requesting advice for.

All that said, I do hope you enjoy your time here, and I hope to see your designs soon.

Peace

rATMcmK.png

I really like the execution on the uniforms, but I'm afraid the black and/or red color schemes are becoming a little too overdone in the NBA. That being said, I'd love to see the same uniforms recolored, perhaps in Drake's black-and-gold OVO colorway other posters have mentioned or something else more refreshing.

Archived