NFL Minor League system

Davidellias

This is my concept for a Minor League system in the NFL. Like AAA baseball, the NFL has two leagues for its developmental system. These leagues are composed of 16 teams each. The names so far are The Western Football League (Composed of the Central Division and Far West Division) and the Atlantic Seaboard Football League (Composed of North and South Divisions)

ATLANTIC SEABORD FOOTBALL LEAGUE

NORTH

Albany Giants (NYG)
Long Island Jets (NYJ)
Syracuse Thunder (BUF) http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95113-nfl-minor-league-system/#entry2089251
Connecticut Patriots (NE)
Delaware Pilots (PHI) http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95113-nfl-minor-league-system/#entry2089087
Coloumbus FIrebirds (CLE)
Lansing Speed (DET)
West Virginia ironmen (PIT)

SOUTH

Virginia Presidents (WSH)
Raleigh-Durham Racers (CAR)
Orlando Swampers (TB)
Panhandle Prowlers (JAX)
South Florida Surf (MIA)
Kentucky Blues (CIN)
Norfolk Nautics (BAL)
Savannah Clippers (ATL)

WESTERN FOOTBALL LEAGUE

CENTRAL
Illinois Plainsmen (CHI)
Louisville Colts (IND)
Iowa Herd (STL) http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95113-nfl-minor-league-system/#entry2089681
Wisconsin Engineers (GB)
Tulsa Pioneers (HOU) http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95113-nfl-minor-league-system/#entry2088912
Arkansas Aces (NO)
Birmingham Sting (TEN)
Austin Stars (DAL)

FAR WEST

Dakota Tribe (MIN)
Omaha Coyotes (KC)
San Jose Bay Rays (SF)
Sacramento Metros (OAK)
Fresno Strikers (SD)
Utah Stallions (DEN)
Portland Reds (SEA)
New Mexico Flash (ARZ)

First Up: Tulsa

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

My only problem with this is the distances between some of the teams and their host teams. New Orleans, for example would be better off having a team in Baton Rouge than Arkansas. Heck, even Biloxi is closer.

Same with Houston and Dallas. I'd make Austin the home for Houston and Fort Worth the home for Dallas. Also Tennessee(Nashville to Birmingham?) could be Memphis.

There are a few others, but those are the first ones I noticed.

Anyway, good luck.

spacer.png

May I kindly remind the OP that there is already an NFL development league. It's called the NCAASEC.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

If I'd do anything I'd move Baltimore's team, there are no real Ravens fans in Norfolk, their mostly Skins and a few are Carolina, I'd move it to possibly Harrisburg.

I picked cities based on stadium availability.

I don't think Harrisburg has a large enough stadium and Annapolis has a stadium, but I don't know if you can have a public event on Navy grounds

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

I really don't like this one, the helmet is just bad. If you're going to outline a black box around Iowa, then make the helmet black, you're forcing it by making it silver. I don't like the numbers on the cuff either, they look pretty stranded on top of the orange and white stripes. Plus, they don't even go with the "modern" feel of the set anyhow.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I really don't like this one, the helmet is just bad. If you're going to outline a black box around Iowa, then make the helmet black, you're forcing it by making it silver. I don't like the numbers on the cuff either, they look pretty stranded on top of the orange and white stripes. Plus, they don't even go with the "modern" feel of the set anyhow.

I was honestly goin for more of an 80s feel here. anyways I am re-tweaking the Iowa Uni's.

Also the helmet is sorta wrap-around like the Seahawks of Jacksonville Bulls helmet is in fact that's kinda why the helmet is silver oh and you cant see it but there is a white stripe around the logo

Hopefully the fix makes the whole thing a bit more tolerable.

PkZkbcb.png

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Better, yes but still didn't exactly fix the problems I pointed out.

But whatever, it's your concept, it's obvious you like this so stick with it we'll see how you do on the next one.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Better, yes but still didn't exactly fix the problems I pointed out.

But whatever, it's your concept, it's obvious you like this so stick with it we'll see how you do on the next one.

Well here is the next one lol.

Albany Giants

Uses the old 80s/90s Giants logo with a monocrome blue/blue look.

I like it even if it's a bit bland in the shirt department

guQPhYp.png

m3ZDPGp.png?1

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Ok, here is my take. All of these look very generic. They say "High School Football" more than a minor league system. Also, your ability to use the elements of design is completely missing. You have potential, you are just missing the mark every time right now.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Archived