Alabama Blackout Uniforms

Slammersman

Why not blackout the helmet, too? I'm not sure I understand why it's inverted to white instead of their usual crimson.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Alabama in one of those teams for which I think blackout uniforms will just never look good.

Your first iteration looks like Nebraska, and your second looks like Stanford.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Alabama in one of those teams for which I think blackout uniforms will just never look good.

Alabama is a team that would not look good in ANY other uniform. It's one of the few true untouchable classics.

87Redskins.png

Alabama is a team that would not look good in ANY other uniform. It's one of the few true untouchable classics.

I agree. If you're going to do a blackout on Alabama, I'd scrap the helmet numbers and replace them with the Script A logo.

Alabama without helmet numbers?! Well, it's a blackout uniform which is kind of crazy for the 'Tide anyway, so get funky with it. Slap the Elephant on the helmet, just do something to avoid the Stanford comparison.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

^ Too much houndstooth on that uniform, also you really shouldn't take his concept and do that unless he ask you too, just start from scratch and show your concept in a different thread.

As an Alabama fan I've always wanted them to wear black uniforms as well. I actually did a photoshop of a black uniform on AJ McCarron that I'd like to see them wear, I may post a link to it if you'd like to see it.

As far as your concept goes, I think first version you did is better although I wouldn't pair a white helmet with black jerseys for Alabama, I think the crimson helmet works better because it makes it pop more. The pants are interesting, I actually like how it balances the colors. As far as the jersey goes, I'd change the font to a different block version, I don't like the sharp edge on the 5 for Bama. Secondly, if you could I'd add the circle A logo to the color or maybe you could add the logo to the sleeves.

Overall, I like your idea though and as a fellow Bama fan, I'd love to see them trot out in black jerseys for one game. I really like the jersey Nike has for sale other than the fact that the number is black, if it was white I would have bought that jersey and been crossing my fingers that they'd wear them one week.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Great concepts. The white helmet adds a nice touch.

Closest Alabama will get to a black uniform would be a jersey for basketball.

Not that Bryant, Jr would ever allow it, but just imagine how gaudy and interesting a houndstooth helmet/uniform would be (I'm aware that the school added subtle houndstooth accents in both a pro combat uniform and another tribute uniform in recent years).

Archived