ABA Logos

paynomind

Here are the latest additions to the horriffic logo experiment called the ABA

jaguars2.jpg

renorockers.gif

ballhawgs.jpg

Its unfathomable how bad these can be. Is there NO ONE who can afford a franchise who even KNOWS a graphic designer? These all look like stuff Jamn Logos rejected.

And no, JamesCraven, you DONT have to say it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The Reno logo shows that the genrically drawn square city by the mountain hates the ABA ball so bad, they have THROWN IT OUT OF THEIR CITY.

Unbelievable.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I don't think the Oklahoma City Ballhawgs logo is all that bad. It's just too bad everyone of the ABA teams has to use the red, white, and blue within their logos.

Is that really required?

The Reno logo shows that the genrically drawn square city by the mountain hates the ABA ball so bad, they have THROWN IT OUT OF THEIR CITY.

Unbelievable.

:D

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Unbelievable.

Yes, it appears Legoland has spoken and will have none of this spherical, multicolored nonsense.

Incidentally, the mole on the face of Richard "John Boy Walton" Thomas became the 26th recipient of an ABA franchise this afternoon.

Yes, it appears Legoland has spoken and will have none of this spherical, multicolored nonsense.

What a wonderfully crafted, perfectly delivered, BETTER version of my funny comment.

Cheers for that one, Yale.. well done!

ΓΔΒ!

And what is it with NONE of the balls being in proportion to the other object they are pictured with...

if the size of the ball is consistant, than;

The Jaguar is about the size of a Buick

The city of Reno covers an area about the size of my kitchen table

and The ballhawg (ne hog) is essentially a house cat with horns.

Pittsburgh, maryland, arkansas are all also out of scale... good gravy.

ΓΔΒ!

The Ballhawgs?? They sure put a lot of thought into that one. I can see the creative meeting that insued before the announcement was made:

OVERPAID CEO: What should we call our new team name?

WASHED UP MARKETING GUY: How about the ballhogs?

CEO: Not bad!

WUMG: You know what would be even cooler? Let's misspell ballhog on purpose to continue the :censored:ty grammar trend that has sprung over the last ten years.

CEO: But what about the fact that if you actually sound out the made up word "hawg" it doesn't even sound like the real word hog?

WUMG: Who cares. If the league is still around a year from now, then we'll worry about it.

CEO: Brilliant!!

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

I know they...well, you know, but we've all seen these logos at one point or another on this board on other threads. NJTank, SyPhi, I offically ask that this thread be cerrado if you please.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

You dont request it, fool... he does it himself.

ΓΔΒ!

plus, I searched for the New Jersey Jaguars and got no results. I hadn't recalled seeing it anywhere, so I searched, then posted.

ΓΔΒ!

I know they...well, you know, but we've all seen these logos at one point or another on this board on other threads. NJTank, SyPhi, I offically ask that this thread be cerrado if you please.

Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish. ^_^

I hadn't seen the RimRockers yet... plus it's just too darn funny to close at this point.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Oh, but Sy.. IS it the 'rim' rockers? or, would judging by the logo, would you say it was only the Rockers? (well, and the goofy ball chuckers)

ΓΔΒ!

And what is it with NONE of the balls being in proportion to the other object they are pictured with...

if the size of the ball is consistant, than;

The Jaguar is about the size of a Buick

The city of Reno covers an area about the size of my kitchen table

and The ballhawg (ne hog) is essentially a house cat with horns.

Pittsburgh, maryland, arkansas are all also out of scale... good gravy.

:D

These ABA basketball posts crack me up.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

The Ballhawgs?? They sure put a lot of thought into that one. I can see the creative meeting that insued before the announcement was made:

OVERPAID CEO: What should we call our new team name?

WASHED UP MARKETING GUY: How about the ballhogs?

CEO: Not bad!

WUMG: You know what would be even cooler? Let's misspell ballhog on purpose to continue the :censored:ty grammar trend that has sprung over the last ten years.

CEO: But what about the fact that if you actually sound out the made up word "hawg" it doesn't even sound like the real word hog?

WUMG: Who cares. If the league is still around a year from now, then we'll worry about it.

CEO: Brilliant!!

I figured out who their CEO is... William J. LePetomaine!

blazin3.jpg

Well, there are the Reno Rockers and then there are the Arkansas RimRockers. Does the Reno logo really need to have two basketballs? I guess so you can look at the main part of the logo and know it's basketball, then look at the tangent to the right and in case you've forgotten, know it is indeed still basketball, and know it's poorly played basketball at that by seeing that striped ball. I swear it's like Where's Waldo? with those darn balls.

Archived