Mexico City Mantarrayas, Hammerheads added

St Louis Cardinals

Hey Guys, I got inspired today to do a sea animal logo, and I picked the manta ray. I also chose to create a college, as that opens limitless combinations of helmets/jerseys/pants, etc. Their are 4 Helmets, The White Helmet, which is mostly worn on the road, the green helmet, which is mostly worn as part of the mono green set, and the Gold helmet, which is only broken out for the special rivalry game vs. New Mexico State. The last helmet is the pride helmet, with the logo enlarged, similar to the Arizona State helmet. Their are also 4 jerseys, the green home, white road, green pride, and the white pride. The Pride uniforms have an aztec triangle pattern on the collar, and mexican flag inspired shoulder colors. The mexican flag is put on the right shoulder of the uniform. I also put the MCU Mantarrayas in the SEC Conference because it just makes sense the because of the schools location. I won't bore you guys with the pants and socks, as they are pretty self explanatory. Without further ado, here is the Mexico City Mantarrayas University.

HcxplTC.png

(Thanks to Conrad for fonts)

HOME

R4xMxsd.png

ROAD

H5vMoZZ.png

PRIDE UNIFORM HOME (OPTION 1)

NMhZCpJ.png

PRIDE UNIFORM (OPTION 2)

3D7BCj5.png

ROAD PRIDE

sX67GYl.png

GOLD HELMET/PANTS

B2X5xfP.png

MONO GREEN

FrHO00i.png

EXAMPLE OF BOWL PATCH

4qAIepG.png

Also, which home pride uniform do you guys prefer (1 or 2?). And if you guys want to see other uniform combos what would they be.

Also, if the response is positive, I might try white ops, black ops (ala Maryland), and other one off uniforms.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I think it would be interesting to look at making the logo on the helmet a little different, especially on those white pride sets. It might not turn out great, but what if the helmet front looked something like michigan or philly with the manta ray "wings" coming from the front down the sides and having the stinger as the stripe down the middle. Other than that I think you've created a nice look and maybe since the Big12 whiffed on everyone else come expansion time they could be a part of that league?

I think it would be interesting to look at making the logo on the helmet a little different, especially on those white pride sets. It might not turn out great, but what if the helmet front looked something like michigan or philly with the manta ray "wings" coming from the front down the sides and having the stinger as the stripe down the middle. Other than that I think you've created a nice look and maybe since the Big12 whiffed on everyone else come expansion time they could be a part of that league?

IkGTdWT.png

yay nay? color suggestions? outline or no outline?

StLouisCardinals.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I'd like to see the white helmet, green ray, and red face mask like you had for the road pride set. I think it turned out looking alright though, maybe the wings take a look that gives less of a horn feel, coming more across the side of the helmet. I think its a nice alternate and fits the bill for a helmet that would only be worn on certain special occasions.

Mexico City is 7,380 feet above sea level, in the middle of the country. Your team name is a big whiff. The logo needs some adjusting and more detail. The obvious logo you should check out is the Rays sleeve patch. The shape of the pride helmet is very nice, maybe sharpen up your logo with strong lines like that. Also make the logo symmetrical if you're doing a top down logo. Its too clip arty as of now.

Lastly, waaaay too many bold colors that clash. The jerseys aren't bad but tone it down.

Mexico City is 7,380 feet above sea level, in the middle of the country. Your team name is a big whiff. The logo needs some adjusting and more detail. The obvious logo you should check out is the Rays sleeve patch. The shape of the pride helmet is very nice, maybe sharpen up your logo with strong lines like that. Also make the logo symmetrical if you're doing a top down logo. Its too clip arty as of now.

Lastly, waaaay too many bold colors that clash. The jerseys aren't bad but tone it down.

Better, worse, lateral?

KK9duGC.png

Also, I understand what you are saying on the name. i made this logo without a city, and I picked mexico city because of how recognizable the name is. I just did a quick google search to show me where it was and I guess I thought i looked at the map wrong and thought it was closer to the ocean.

Anyway, I made the logo symmetrical, but I do think the face looks worse. Also, would getting rid of all the brown on the pride uniforms make it better in terms of color?

Anyway guys, here is the other logo i was working on, the Hammerheads. No location yet (Guess I'm gonna have to do more research then last time :) ) and no uniforms as i created a set but didn't like it very much, so im also working on that

Hq6Ytcj.png

StLouisCardinals.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I think the lack of a tail is throwing me off on this one. It just doesn't scream shark in its current state. I'm also a little confused at the top fin, as it looks like there might be a slight part of the dorsal fin showing behind it that looks awkward. Or on second look, are we looking at it from above and the dorsal fin is hiding one of the side fins? (My first impression was that we were looking at the underside of the shark with it pulling up and to the right)

Archived