Mammoths WIP

jeh-see

This is for a fantasy hockey concept I am working on, I am looking for some C&C, cuz I'm looking for some pointers where to go with the trunk, as I am unhappy with it as it is and it just hanging there, while I am sure is how it was most of the time, doesn't add any dynamic qualities to the logo I am trying to produce. As with all my concepts I have posted lately, you will get the progression from early sketch all the way up to finished product.

Initial sketch:

BirminhamMammoths0001_zpsf4315b4d.png.

Fleshing out:

BirminghamMammoths20001_zps6f5e6dac.png

Giving the trunk an S shape might be a good solution for any trunk woes you're having. It can be longer without making the logo any taller AND it will give your logo something to break up it's symmetry.

yeah, as you can see on the first sketch I was toying with the idea of a curved or "in motion" trunk, I may not have a choice but to do so, I am pleased with the rest of the logo as it is, save for some minor details here and there. Thanks, Mark.

Jesse

Why not raise the trunk all the way above the head? That is what you see when an elephant (and probably a mammoth too) is really angry and ready to charge.

then I'd lose the whole face and I need a face-on view of the mammoth for the concept I am working on. Thanks, though.

Think it would look stupid (or I would lose the entire elephant-esque look) if I made it looked as though the trunk was curving under and back, thus making the snout part of the trunk invisble to the eye? I'm concerned doing this will look as if the though end of the trunk was amputated and all that was left was a stump...thoughts and suggestions are definitely welcome.

UniJ

How's this project coming along? - I like your latest drawing. Hoping to see the finished product sometime this Winter. Great Idea - Mammoths! I like it!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Just checked out the Mammoths in your portfolio. I like the stylised mammoth M, it would make a great fauxback logo. But the colourisation of your mammoth head logo is simply all over the place. There is no relationship from one part to the next, it looks like it was just coloured in randomly. Why are the ears a different colour, when all the fur would be the same colour on a mammoth? Why are the highlights blue and the lowlights grey, rather than two shades of the same colour? Why the thin black outlines inside the logo? Those are unnecessary.

rATMcmK.png

But would that pop on a gray jersey, which is what it will wind up on? The guy this was for wanted this logo on a recolor of the Mooterus jersey, gray base with blue, black and lime stripes. Nice tweak, Mark, I may just roll with that. Thanks.

FYI, I will be rolling out another WIP post today, the Rogues, a rogue great white concept.

Archived