NAVO - North American Velo Organization

JMurr

Monday, February 10, 1885 - League President August Belmont officially presents the next expansion team: the Detroit Archers. The team will be owned by James Anthony Bailey and will play at Recreation Park. The team will start next season. Their addition to the league will bring it up to 6 teams. Also the league will expand it's postseason by one team. The team with the best record following the regular season will get a straight pass to the title match while the second and third place teams will battle in a three game series to determine who will be the second team in the Title Match.

Presenting the Detroit Archers

DetroitArchers_zpsea62b26b.png

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many teams will you expand to?

I like a league of 32. It just works so well. Two conferences of 16 divided into four divisions of 4 teams each.

However over the course of time watch for teams to fold, relocate, and all sorts of instability. I know in the real world to much movement of franchises would be detrimental to a sports league but considering this is a concepts forum, and that it really should be more about the concepts then the day by day activities of the league I want to showcase as much new concepts as I can therefore by ever changing the teams that exist I can do so. Now rest assured the teams that are more popular such as the Buccaneers, Stags and for some reason the Dutchmen, I will try and keep them stabilized so long as they remain popular among you the followers. Concept changes can also come from logo update, uniform changes, eventually secondary logos, alternate uniforms, and woodmarks.

How many teams will you expand to?

I like a league of 32. It just works so well. Two conferences of 16 divided into four divisions of 4 teams each.

However over the course of time watch for teams to fold, relocate, and all sorts of instability. I know in the real world to much movement of franchises would be detrimental to a sports league but considering this is a concepts forum, and that it really should be more about the concepts then the day by day activities of the league I want to showcase as much new concepts as I can therefore by ever changing the teams that exist I can do so. Now rest assured the teams that are more popular such as the Buccaneers, Stags and for some reason the Dutchmen, I will try and keep them stabilized so long as they remain popular among you the followers. Concept changes can also come from logo update, uniform changes, eventually secondary logos, alternate uniforms, and woodmarks.

That's a great plan. I, too, in the NCL, plan to eventually get to 32. I'm also trying to make at least one change/addition pertaining to logos and uniforms every season. I think what JMurr is doing here is awesome, and I think that these conceptual fantasy leagues are fun to run and to follow. The only suggestion I have for him is to add two teams at once next time he expands, so that the scheduling is less weird.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

ANOTHER DUTCHMEN LOSS! Is the misery ever going to end?

Look for the Dutchmen to be very aggressive in the offseason. Ed Davison, Bart Kroger, and Jose Louis (three of the leagues four fastest riders) are all free agents this offseason.

Archived