Anaheim Ducks

aph7824

PLEASE C&C!! I would love to hear your feedback!

This is my Anaheim Ducks Concept. I'm really iffy on this one which is why i decided to share it early. I've done 10 or so different color schemes and maybe cause of my childhood I stuck with this one.

Secondly, the Philadelphia Flyers have a P, New York Islands have NY, Detroit Redwings alternate is a D. I feel like more people can associate with "A - naheim" than "D - ucks".

I love the new San Jose Sharks collar on the teal jersey. How there is no break in color - and I think that is the future of Edge jerseys - the simplistic past time look and feel. Arizona Coyotes (?is it right to call them that now?) have the same collar design - simplistic.

Lastly - per my template. If you are interested in using it - you must contact me. It's a PSD that requires a lot of education before even using.

aducks_zpsd98587df.png

ScreenShot2014-02-16at10637PM_zps2113ef2

ScreenShot2014-02-16at11248PM_zps67c6ebd

Update - 10:17 pm east coast time.

a-alternate_zpsaee375da.png

I like it. I hate the current Ducks look. I like you linking this updated look to the old days. The only thing I would say is I don't think this would be a primary logo in the NHL. I think this is more of a secondary type logo. Working from it see if maybe you can create another primary logo.

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

I think the socks should be all purple with teal stripes, not half and half. Just a suggestion. Otherwise, nice.

Thanks for the feedback. I tried that, but I didn't know how quite I felt about it in my template cause it just looks like he has long purple pants on some views. I really appreciate the comment, if I get some time I'll post a picture of what it looks like and you can see ...

I like it. I hate the current Ducks look. I like you linking this updated look to the old days. The only thing I would say is I don't think this would be a primary logo in the NHL. I think this is more of a secondary type logo. Working from it see if maybe you can create another primary logo.

Thanks! I tried looking at the "D" logo for the ducks, the D logo for Detroit, the P logo for Philly and the Avalanche logo for inspiration. but for some reason, I still agree with you on this. How do you think I could make it more "primary"

I don't think you should make this primary. It is good as is. In my opinion you should make your package complete by keeping this as a secondary and create a primary that works with it.

As for what you should do for such a primary these are my thoughts; do not bring back the Mighty in the name, go with the 90s colors (as you have) no orange, do something to bring back the Wildwing mask, do not base it off the current D webfoot logo.

Here is me just playing around even further.

a-alternate_zps7d272e61.png

Use that Duck head logo by a mile!

Can you explain what you meant? Use that instead of the A + wings logo?

I just feel that the Duck head logo is far superior. Wing logo makes a stellar shoulder patch, but as a primary, I really dig that ehad logo. Could be just me though.

Here is me just playing around even further.

a-alternate_zps7d272e61.png

Use that Duck head logo by a mile!

Can you explain what you meant? Use that instead of the A + wings logo?

I just feel that the Duck head logo is far superior. Wing logo makes a stellar shoulder patch, but as a primary, I really dig that ehad logo. Could be just me though.

I second this. Like I said before the A logo is a good secondary. The head is a good primary. The wood mark looks good as well. Good job!

my suggestion is to make the beak on the duck yellow.

You think I should introduce another color???

Look at the original mighty ducks logo (yellow is part of the original color scheme). The yellow beak would probably introduce just the right amount of yellow without overpowering the other colors.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Can we see the secondary duck logo using the colors shown in your second template? I'd like to compare the two. Your primary is definitely the duck. The wing logo is a perfect secondary. Awesome job. Not really sold on the wordmark font, but im not sure how you could improve.

my suggestion is to make the beak on the duck yellow.

You think I should introduce another color???

Look at the original mighty ducks logo (yellow is part of the original color scheme). The yellow beak would probably introduce just the right amount of yellow without overpowering the other colors.

Yeah, like on the original Mighty Ducks, the yellow doesn't need to be anywhere else but on the logo.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived