Here at eBay, the unsuspecting...

M59

There are people who should be dragged out and shot on general principles, and then there's eBay seller shsanders, purveyor of fakes like this one:

Fake Ebay Item!!!!!

Can YOU spot all the things wrong with this "game worn" jersey?

If you can't, don't bid on ANYTHING from this guy...

The uninformed and their money are soon parted!

:cursing:

OK, so tell us.. what is wrong with it?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

check teh Pale Hose (who for the record did wear their alts in 95). Dressed to the Nines shows no team wearing an alternate after 1993, although we all know different. i figure the Orioles did wear their blacks in 95 but tpoh would know for sure.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well, for one thing the picture of Ripken all though not in the black jersey couldn't be from 95 because Jeter's rookie year was 1996.

Jeter played 15 games in 1995.

I know, but I don't think he played against the O's. Jeter's first full year was 96.

Dressed to the nines does not show alternates! The indians wore the dark blue alt's, the white sox wore the black alt's ans the brew crew also.

As for the jersey in question it looks real to me.

To the best of my knowledge, the Orioles black alts have never had the orange piping on anything but the sleeves. That looks like the only problem to me, besides the fact that I'm not sure the Orioles actually wore a black alt that early...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

OK, so tell us.. what is wrong with it?

OK, brothers and sisters, let me count the ways...

1.) All front piping was REMOVED from Orioles alternate jerseys in sometime in 1995 and early in 1996. If you see an O's alternate with piping it's more than likely never seen game use. It's also very easy to see where bits of the piping are stuck behind the letters.

The Orioles also recycled a lot of their 95 alternates in 96. Hence, I have a Roger McDowell alternate with 1995 tagging, although he was only with the team in 96.

2.) This version of the "Orioles" script was around for the second half of the 96 season ONLY, and to the best of my knowledge, only used on the road jerseys. (Good thing, too, as it's the WORST of the many versions of "Orioles" the team has had on their jerseys since 1995.)

If you go back and look at tape from the '96 playoffs, you can see the O's on the field in two different road jerseys.

3.) Size tagging. All Ripken gamers of this vintage should be 48 +2".

4.) Virtually EVERYTHING this guy sells is F-A-K-E, fake, fake, fake!!!!!

Thus endeth the lesson.

how could you sleep at night selling an ungame used jersey for 1300 bucks!?

shipping 10 bucks???? and no insurance offered???? wow...who's a sucker. If I'm spending that much on a jersey cal ripken better hand to me on the way off the field. I'm not trusting anyone with my student loan money!

Ebay is horrible for that stuff. I'll stick to the new in package items...and they better be a deal and a half. Like half off retail!

peace,

pc

saw this too:

Another Fake kinda

they say jersey...starting bid 20 bucks...I think they give out theseT-SHIRTS at the games!!!!

Not as outragous...just couldn't do something like that myself....

Archived