Madden 15 - London Black Knights Concept

derschwigg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the suggested list it says Celtic Tigers... what exactly is that and how could it be used?

The Celtic Tiger was actually what they called the Irish Economy during the late 90s when it exploded..i think it averaged like a 9.5 percent growth rate per year or something like that, but they also use it in reference to Ireland itself

and its usually the "fans" first choice in the fan vote when you relocate to Dublin in Madden 25...usually by a wide margin

btw I love the Black Knights work here sir...mucho improvement over what they have in the game this year :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

That is a beautifully rendered sword, but forcing the L idea takes away from what this could be. Forward facing like the Scottish Claymores helmet is your best bet in my opinion. You could even keep the little lightning jag which is a nice little differentiating touch. The plain L letter is a huge downgrade for a helmet even with the UFL type center sword stripe. Is that just Commerce font or whatever it's called? The sword is great. Make it the focus.

Thanks, everyone!

That is a beautifully rendered sword, but forcing the L idea takes away from what this could be. Forward facing like the Scottish Claymores helmet is your best bet in my opinion. You could even keep the little lightning jag which is a nice little differentiating touch. The plain L letter is a huge downgrade for a helmet even with the UFL type center sword stripe. Is that just Commerce font or whatever it's called? The sword is great. Make it the focus.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to render the sword with that perspective while maintaining the thinner, more knightly blade. If I do the Claymores-style sword, I'd have to nix the center stripe blade - too many swords on one helmet, wouldn't you think?

The font is Civic Bold that I've beefed up a bit using an additional stroke, coupled with an envelope distortion for concaving.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I realize that a helmet logo doesn't necessary force itself as a secondary logo. The forward sword can be the helmet mark while maintaining the L-Sword as a secondary, right? Or am I just clinging to an idea?

Awesome stuff, guys. I'm Josh Looman, the senior designer for Franchise mode and Relocation in Madden. Just wanted to make it clear...you do not HAVE to stick to the names we have now. If you want to come up with a completely new mascot for a city, feel free to. We're open to all submissions.

why not make the whole helmet look like a actual knights helmet? kind of make a design similar to thisstock-vector-medieval-knight-head-in-hel

then that blue area you can make the center stripe on the helmet in gold or whatever color you're using, and the facemask actually fits well.

Looks like the team is actually wearing Knights Helmets out on the field. I know it probably wont happin in real life but heck, why not.

Awesome stuff, guys. I'm Josh Looman, the senior designer for Franchise mode and Relocation in Madden. Just wanted to make it clear...you do not HAVE to stick to the names we have now. If you want to come up with a completely new mascot for a city, feel free to. We're open to all submissions.

So can mix and match? Like would Sacramento Black Nights be okay?

idk if troll or not..

footballsig.png?t=1296581628

Hey guys, this is my first post, and I can't believe I'm using it to ask the following question:

What's this Madden 26 business? 1) Are they not reverting back to the year format? (i.e. Madden '15) 2) What's the deal with this contest?

That last helmet's not bad by the way.

Archived