Madden 15 - London Black Knights Concept

derschwigg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The color scheme is a bit bright and the word mark over the numbers seems crowded, but all it's really missing is TV numbers on the sleeves and possibly gold sleeves on the aways. If you are using photoshop or inkscape, if you want, you could pm me and i could shoot you over an updated template.

Guest darkpiranha

Awesome stuff, guys. I'm Josh Looman, the senior designer for Franchise mode and Relocation in Madden. Just wanted to make it clear...you do not HAVE to stick to the names we have now. If you want to come up with a completely new mascot for a city, feel free to. We're open to all submissions.

idk if troll or not..

Not a troll. Legit. However, since he's actually posting in here, I'd like to ask him to clarify exactly how ownership of any submitted logos will be handled. My understanding is that EA will own any and all logos submitted (or have perpetual rights to use), even if it's not specifically selected for inclusion in the game.

Not a big fan of the mustard yellow. I would switch to a more pale shade of yellow or even gold. The yellow/gold on the logo does not look like that mustard yellow, correct?

Also, I would make the numbers white and the outline yellow, but that's just a personal belief I have for NFL teams.

Not a big fan of the mustard yellow. I would switch to a more pale shade of yellow or even gold. The yellow/gold on the logo does not look like that mustard yellow, correct?

Also, I would make the numbers white and the outline yellow, but that's just a personal belief I have for NFL teams.

The yellow does look a tad mustardly, but it's the same color as in the logo. It's supposed to be a brighter gold. Maybe it got switched up going from CMYK to RGB? I do all my design work in Illustrator and import to Photoshop, so that's a strong possibility.

I tried the white/yellow outline look with the numbers, it just looked hard to read.

I have to say I like the helmet with a sword as the stripe and L on the side better than the one your using now. Also, the gold used on the sword looks good. Use that instead of the yellow on the jerseys.

Edit: I just now saw the above comments about the shade of gold.

I can't back that single sword logo for the helmet...I think it's too generic, and leaves a ton of empty space...what say you do some sort of "crest" style logo?

Also, I think you should add a tertiary color, as the black and gold is too reminiscent of the Saints in my opinion.

Loving the cleanliness of your work though man. Seriously, good stuff!

really liking the logo, only bit that looks a bit weird is the splitting of LONDON, but i can see why it needed to be done....

Awesome stuff, guys. I'm Josh Looman, the senior designer for Franchise mode and Relocation in Madden. Just wanted to make it clear...you do not HAVE to stick to the names we have now. If you want to come up with a completely new mascot for a city, feel free to. We're open to all submissions.

i also have a question for josh about the competition (should only require a one post answer, so as not to derail this thread):

is it right that there will only be 3 winners? That seems like a very small number. Given that there are 17 relocation cities, with 3 team name options for each, and a further 3 uniform options for each of those (for a total of 289 different uniform options), it seems a bit weak that only 3 will be these customised fan-submitted designs, and the other 286 will be the recoloured versions of the 3 generic designs we had last year.

Also I was kind of bummed to discover that it was for US residents only....I had 3 or 4 designs halfway to completion that I was really proud of, and now I don't see any point in completing them because I can't even enter. Can't we just forgo the 'copy of the game' part of the prize?

I can't back that single sword logo for the helmet...I think it's too generic, and leaves a ton of empty space...what say you do some sort of "crest" style logo?

Also, I think you should add a tertiary color, as the black and gold is too reminiscent of the Saints in my opinion.

Loving the cleanliness of your work though man. Seriously, good stuff!

I do have the Sword L that I could beef up a little. It's tough to put an L on a helmet - you run into issues like the Baltimore B.

Guest darkpiranha

Have you thought about just having the sword not extend below the wordmark? Think of it like Excalibur, where it's buried in the stone/wordmark.

Archived