The Detroit WHA Announcement

KJTALBOT

It has minor league connotations. A demons logo probably wouldve been terrible too. I think most of us were hoping for something a little more traditional than Demons. Personally, I liked Michigan Stags.But thats not traditional :P

Maybe the minor league connotations come from the San Francisco Demons of the XFL, and none of us want the WHA to be the XFL of hockey! :P

Is it just me or does the shield seem upside down, if it is a European shield?  And If it's a Roman gladiator, shouldn't he have a rectangular shield?

Gladiator shields varied greatly from Standard Issue Roman shields, or any other shields for that matter.

That is, if you were the lucky one to get a shield...

I'm a historian of Ancient Rome...

My problem with the shield is that a Gladiator wouldn't something that sized- its a massive shield- If it was the Detroit Centurions the logo what make more sense historically, (although there are still no records of Roman Soldiers playing Hockey at all), but as a logo its ok.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Logo and name: Blah.

These days, it seems like every minor league logo looks virtually the same. Honestly, I would have liked a big, block "D" better than this. At least it would have been unique.

Then again, without a hockey stick, I would have no idea what sport it was.

didn't see this coming, gotta say it looks like they actually decided their logo was gonna look sharp. more than i can say for a certain league.

if that's it for colors, wanna start the betting on when Al Davis is gonna sue? :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Simple. I like it - for a new team trying to make it, I'd say they have a winner.

I like the Wordmark. I'd score it an 8.4 on a scale of 10.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived