Fantasy Team / Video Game team logo

andycumbee19

Hey guys, posting my first logo concepts on here. Before I show the logos, let me 'splain myself.

This team was originally a team I created on NCAA football 2006 (which I still play religiously) then grew into just my go-to team name for anything team related I did. Fantasy Baseball, Hockey, Football, you name it.

We are a very traditional team as far as uniforms go (all sports) as well. We are mainly a Red & White team, but recently when I designed my own logos for it I was confronted with the fact that I needed a third color when working with white backgrounds. Ta-Da! Black was introduced as a trim-only color.

Uniforms for all teams remain red & white only (unless a logo is involved, in which black is used for trim)

Ok, without any further ado, here are the logos.

The top logo is the main logo I came up with a year or so ago. The bottom is an iteration I did this morning, and I've got to admit, I think it looks just as good and it gives me the "grass is always greener" prerogative.

After this post, I'll post the Single-Letter logo (and new versions I also did today.)

Diamonds_logo_ALT_vs_Normal_zps1b734a05.

I'm very interested to hear your opinions & look forward to collaborating with anyone. Thanks for looking!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Here are the Single Letter logos (used for Baseball hats, etc.)

Left 3D style logos are what i have been using

Right "flat" style are the prototype/possible updated logos.

Which do you think is better?

Edit: These weren't even worth posting. Eww.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm back to bump my first concept thread to show more of my work. First off, I got rid of the out-of-place 3d video-gamey font and went with this one. The thought process is simple. I decided to give my team more of a Russian Red Army feel by changing the wordmark font to look Russian, while also adding yellow/gold to the color palette just for trim & logo purposes. As this team is as traditional as the day is long, I hesitated to use another color. (I still wanted to stay away from black despite precedence of using it in the past.)

Now a quick sidestory about this: my girlfriend cannot get past the idea that I added yellow. She hates it. Although it has nothing to do with her, she is against me using the gold. When I told her the other day I was thinking about using a russian-esque font, she didnt understand why. She says the video-gamey font was perfect and didnt need an update. When she asked me "why gold?" I simply replied, "because the Russian Red Army used gold as a national color", which she promptly responded with a "why can't you just be American?" She has no understanding of how pro teams re-brand, so trying to explain my concept here has fallen on deaf ears.

I'm very happy with the way this turned out.

USSRRedArmy_zps593d17ab.jpg

Please give me some feedback!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I like it, really like the gold in it.

I was just looking though the goldmine, so when I saw.this, my first thought was:http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/50944-watch-as-a-guy-gets-himself-banned/?fromsearch=1

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

Keep it down to a maximum of 2 fonts right now there are 4 which doesn't create a consistent brand identity.

Good point. The script on the top of the diamond is mostly optional. That's more of my "baseball" script just because I'm a sucker for cursive scripts.

The A font on the diamond stayed just because I love that logo. The Russian A didn't look as good.

Lovin the C/C guys! That's Why I love these boards!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived