Stateside Soccer Federation Revisited (Oregon added)

jdp

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Annapolis Skipjacks
  • Crest: Features a skipjack vessel as seen through a porthole, an allusion to the Navy.
  • Kits: The pinstripes on the home kit are ropes and the away kit is meant to look like a sailor's uniform, referencing the fact this team is based in the same city as the Naval Academy.
  • Kit Supplier: Adidas - but they had to fight off Baltimore-based Under Armour. They played on the fact that the Navy uses three stripes also.
  • Kit Sponsor: Perdue Farms
  • Grounds: Navy–Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
  • Ownership: Jim Perdue, chairman of Perdue Farms

13745824335_b110c29c25_b.jpg

I was on the fence about including the back of the away kit, but thought I would throw it out there for comment.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

not bad. I dont like the waves though, most just make it similar to Vancouver' Whitecaps' wave. I'm really not liking the White jersey that much.

not bad. I dont like the waves though, most just make it similar to Vancouver' Whitecaps' wave. I'm really not liking the White jersey that much.

I'll work again on the waves. And I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised that the sailor uniform look didn't turn out terribly. After all, the front is modeled after the current Adidas jersey Fulham uses. The back is a little much, I agree. Thought I would try it out, though.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I was away working on a new template/presentation for myself. My apologies for the delay. I'm sure everyone was on the edge of his or her seat.
Arizona Coppers
  • Crest: A take on the state flag, the crest features the copper star, cactus and a banner that incorporates the red and yellow from the flag's rays, which are an homage to Spain.
  • Kits: The home and away color are heavily inspired by the Arizona state flag. The third kit incorporates turquoise, as well as a Native American pattern throughout the torso.
  • Kit Supplier: Adidas
  • Kit Sponsor: Honeywell
  • Grounds: University of Phoenix Stadium (turf)
  • Ownership: The team's original owner Peter Sperling, of the Apollo Group (nee University of Phoenix), was content keeping the team within the stadium but could not keep up with the rigors that is owning a professional team. He sold the team to Arte Moreno, owner of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Moreno wanted to bring a team in Los Angeles, but when the California team was awarded to San Francisco, he opted for the team in his native Arizona.

13971303582_4c6c84a0d7_z.jpg

13994487073_5e7edb135d_b.jpg

And a bonus third kit...

13994857243_29a2c836bc_z.jpg

Thanks for the feedback so far. More is always appreciated. :)
San Francisco Redwoods SC
  • Crest: The stripes in the background represents the team's namesake: Redwoods. Because they represent the state, the bear from the state flag also is represented.
  • Kits: The home kit is a modified version of the Striker III kits. On the torso stripe is sublimated and includes leaves in various positions, making the stripe appear as a "redwood." As for the away kits, they are modeled after the DQT kits, but the colorway goes from light to dark instead of the other way around. On the back of both kits is the phoenix from the San Francisco flag.
  • Kit Supplier: Nike
  • Kit Sponsor: Yelp
  • Grounds: A refurbished Kezar Stadium in San Francisco
  • Ownership: Larry Ellison, Oracle. Not only does his company have Oracle Arena in Oakland, but now he owns a professional soccer team so he can realize his goal of fully occupying the Bay Area.

13982619942_47e17f78d3_z.jpg

13982641331_eb3a54fb11_b.jpg

the logo colours are very strange - maybe it would turn out better with stitching - but I still like it. I love that Away jersey too.

By logo colors, I assume you mean the Redwoods. What's strange about them? Too similar? Not enough contrast in the background stripes? Too dark? I find brighter reds to be too distracting, so I went with those. Not to mention redwoods are a deeper brownish-red.

Thanks for the feedback so far. More is always appreciated. :)

San Francisco Redwoods SC

• Crest: The stripes in the background represents the team's namesake: Redwoods. Because they represent the state, the bear from the state flag also is represented.
  • Kits: The home kit is a modified version of the Striker III kits. On the torso stripe is sublimated and includes leaves in various positions, making the stripe appear as a "redwood." As for the away kits, they are modeled after the DQT kits, but the colorway goes from light to dark instead of the other way around. On the back of both kits is the phoenix from the San Francisco flag.
  • Kit Supplier: Nike
  • Kit Sponsor: Yelp
  • Grounds: A refurbished Kezar Stadium in San Francisco
  • Ownership: Larry Ellison, Oracle. Not only does his company have Oracle Arena in Oakland, but now he owns a professional soccer team so he can realize his goal of fully occupying the Bay Area.

13982619942_47e17f78d3_z.jpg

13982641331_eb3a54fb11_b.jpg

I like the look but I think it's a bit plain, I would try and utilize a third color such as cream or brown. Similar to the Sacramento Republic crest.

It's a great start, but a third tertiary color will defenitely make it better.

I like the look but I think it's a bit plain, I would try and utilize a third color such as cream or brown. Similar to the Sacramento Republic crest.

It's a great start, but a third tertiary color will defenitely make it better.

To clarify, you are talking about just the crest, right? Or the kits are too plain as well?

What I meant was the colours are just weird tones, just like hot pink and baby blue would be weird but I still like them. It could have been my screen though, but you said Redwoods are almost brown so in that case, there is nothing weird about it.

I would include a third kit of stripes much like that in the logo. A lot of teams do this (Juventus and Barca come to mind) so it would be traditional to have one.

My Redwoods update. I'm still partial to the original, but this is growing on me. I tried a cream color as suggested, but it created too much contrast for my taste. This one does, too, but at least I can fall back on the rust/orange representing the Golden Gate Bridge. The bear didn't look too bad in tan, but I thought it was creating a power struggle for the eye: Do I look at Redwoods or the bear? Redwoods or the bear? And so on...

Anyway, that's how I was seeing it. C&C welcome.

13999166754_ea6a7f176f_o.jpg

I like this one too. Its a real toss up. I guess it would depend on what schemes your other teams are but either one is good. I would say the double red is more unique though.

I prefer the second Redwoods SC crest due to the secondary color doesn't get lost in the background. Plus it does have a nice reference to the Golden Gate Bridge corrosion colors.

Exactly why I was thinking the addition of any shade of cream.

Definitely the second. I would like to see it included on both the crest and the uniform. This is afantastic update.

Archived