New Lightning Logo (just for fun)

Jake3roo

They look pretty good. I'm just wondering, what program are you using? The L isn't really working. Second one reminds me of a swastika made of lightning. First one is probably best. It's simple and more effective.

They look pretty good. I'm just wondering, what program are you using? The L isn't really working. Second one reminds me of a swastika made of lightning. First one is probably best. It's simple and more effective.

I'm using Photoshop Elements 10,

tinysig.jpg

I'm using Photoshop Elements 10,

I'm sorry to say this, but these look like they where done on paint.

It's getting there. I'd experiment with the font. I think it would be desirable for the font to have similar motion to the lightning bolt. There are lots of free fonts out there-- dafont.com , 1001fonts.com, for starters --just double-check to see if the rights to the fonts cover what you're using them for. You can even type in the text you want on these sites for a preview of the font.

Also, I'm not familiar with the program you're using, but you so need to address how the lines in the lightning bolt are connecting. There really shouldn't be those little gaps in the final product.

Keep up the good work.

rATMcmK.png

It's getting there. I'd experiment with the font. I think it would be desirable for the font to have similar motion to the lightning bolt. There are lots of free fonts out there-- dafont.com , 1001fonts.com, for starters --just double-check to see if the rights to the fonts cover what you're using them for. You can even type in the text you want on these sites for a preview of the font.

Also, I'm not familiar with the program you're using, but you so need to address how the lines in the lightning bolt are connecting. There really shouldn't be those little gaps in the final product.

Keep up the good work.

I really didn't want to use this excuse, but I'm not amazingly coordinated with the pencil tool. I'll try to get a different font and color in the blank spots by THRS night.

tinysig.jpg

Clean the lines up more. I think the original concept would work better if the bolts folded in and up rather than out and down. Also, sharper angles.

FsQiF2W.png

Original logo...

Try starting your bolt from left to right and make your zig-zag more at an angle like traditional lighting bolts are usually depicted. Then I would play with the size of the JA letters within the bolt nest. Have you tried making all three the same size and have the same "bolt" treatment?

Patrick

Archived