MLB Jersey Selection "rules"

RoughRiders99

As far as the Marlins, with all the different colors, why black?! They have orange but there's light blue and yellow as well. Or, they could bring back the aqua.

It fits the Marlins' brand of screwing everything up.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

This is what I would have my Royals wear during a 3 game road series(starting on Monday), 4 game road series, 3 game home series, and 4 game home series period.

Sunday| Monday| Tuesday| Wednesday| Thursday| Friday | Saturday |

ROAD| road alt | road | road | road alt | road | 1973 road throwback| KC Monarchs road throwback |

HOME| home alt| home | home | home alt | home |1973 home throwback| KC Monarchs home throwback|

P.S. THIS TOOK FOREVER TO TYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Do the Braves ever wear their road greys anymore? Personally, I don't care for their alternate blue road jersey.

Yea, actually they do, and they are wearing it more this year than in years past. While I agree on having a set schedule for jerseys for fans to know ahead of time what jersey to wear, There are too many games a season to see white vs. grey over and over and over. If you want white vs grey so much, hop in a time machine and go back to the 50's or something. Colored alternates sell money, and thats why they are around, that's the times we live in, so deal with it

. While I agree on having a set schedule for jerseys for fans to know ahead of time what jersey to wear,

Screw that noise.

I'm gonna wear whatever goddamn jersey I feel like.

You obviously agree with the ass-hole who owns the Diamondbacks who throws people out if they sit behind home plate without wearing Diamondbacks jerseys. You sound like the security ass-holes at Yankee stadium who had the fans who refused to stand when God Bless America was sung during the seventh inning of a game arrested a few years back.

If I'm spending my own hard earned money on tickets I'm wearing whatever I godamned well please to a sporting event. Now of course I'm not wearing any shirts with racist/bigoted slogans or any of that type of nonesense

I don't mind colored alts but I'd prefer a simple rule that allows the home team to pick their jersey, and the away team needs to wear grey if the home team goes color.

Good one. I should have included that too. I have been to a couple of navy vs. navy matchups and it's silly. Home team's choice makes sense (and forces teams like the Marlins and White Sox to wear gray). I know that green vs. red is not as bad as blue vs. blue, but I'd rather not draw those lines.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

. While I agree on having a set schedule for jerseys for fans to know ahead of time what jersey to wear,

Screw that noise.

I'm gonna wear whatever goddamn jersey I feel like.

You obviously agree with the ass-hole who owns the Diamondbacks who throws people out if they sit behind home plate without wearing Diamondbacks jerseys. You sound like the security ass-holes at Yankee stadium who had the fans who refused to stand when God Bless America was sung during the seventh inning of a game arrested a few years back.

If I'm spending my own hard earned money on tickets I'm wearing whatever I godamned well please to a sporting event. Now of course I'm not wearing any shirts with racist/bigoted slogans or any of that type of nonesense

Not standing while "God Bless America" is being sung is not against the law, but it is disrespectful.

Do the Braves ever wear their road greys anymore? Personally, I don't care for their alternate blue road jersey.

Yea, actually they do, and they are wearing it more this year than in years past. While I agree on having a set schedule for jerseys for fans to know ahead of time what jersey to wear, There are too many games a season to see white vs. grey over and over and over. If you want white vs grey so much, hop in a time machine and go back to the 50's or something. Colored alternates sell money, and thats why they are around, that's the times we live in, so deal with it.

So deal with it? It's not like I'm losing sleep over it. It's just that when an "alternate" jersey is worn for pretty much every game, it's no longer an "alternate" jersey.

Whoo boy, it sure gets chippy around here when all someone does is express their basic opinion.

My biggest complaint is the similar alternate jersey colors being worn at the same time...... red-red or even red-orange is just ridiculous.

• 9 months later...

Just thought I'd give this thread a friendly bump and see if any teams have established anything for the upcoming 2015 season.

As for my Cubbies, I'm pretty sure they're still going with the white tops for all home games, while the road is up to the pitcher's choice (either grays or blue tops). I hope they don't use the road CUBS jersey again though. Didn't like it at all.

And now with the Giants introducing a new black alt (meh), any news on when they'll wear it and whatnot? I think they already have Orange Fridays.

Just thought I'd give this thread a friendly bump and see if any teams have established anything for the upcoming 2015 season.

As for my Cubbies, I'm pretty sure they're still going with the white tops for all home games, while the road is up to the pitcher's choice (either grays or blue tops). I hope they don't use the road CUBS jersey again though. Didn't like it at all.

And now with the Giants introducing a new black alt (meh), any news on when they'll wear it and whatnot? I think they already have Orange Fridays.

From what I remember from the article, they're wearing it only a select number of games, so I would figure somewhere around 6-10 times, if even that many. I think it is more a recurring one off jersey, rather than be in the regular rotation.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

As to my opinion: I like colour on colour if it leaves the rest of the week for white/grey. Dodgers, St. Louis, Giants, Pirates(current white alt) should be the players choice any day of the week.

Also, this is more for caps, but: A team should have one cap for all games, and at most one cap for home and road.

Exceptions can be made for throwbacks, but not coloured alts. Also, BP caps and jerseys can be a mess ancd where you should have the most colour, so templates should go.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

This would be my "rules" for all teams

Only one alternate and only one throwback/fauxback per season

Monday to Thursday regular white/cream at home and gray at road.

Friday, Alternate game. If colors are the same, road team picks what they will wear.

Saturday, throwback game once per month. Both teams must wear throwbacks (with corresponding batting helmets). If not a throwback game then Sunday rules apply.

Sunday, Alternate game. If colors are the same, home team picks what they will wear. If Sunday rule was used on the Saturday game, then regular white/ gray uniforms will be used.

I thought the Cubs starting pitcher chose the jersey every game...

Personally, for the Cubs, I like the pitchers choosing, but if I was in charge...

White - Day and Weekend games at home

Gray -Weekday road games

Blue - Weeknight home games - Weeknight and weekend road games

and the red billed cap would be worn with the road and alternate jerseys.

Archived