2014 IIHF Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

That time of year again and there are some changes in the IIHF this year.

Watching Canada and France right now and the French have new jerseys this year. A simple blue jersey with 3 thin red, white and blue lines running down the middle of the arms. Kind of boring and I prefer the previous ones.

I know Lithuania changed their jerseys to a red and white jersey (kind of like Canada's) but with the horse from the coat or arms on the front. I feel that is a miss on their part as the jerseys that they had previous were the colours of the flag and had more colour. I also know Estonia FINALLY got rid of the white breezers that they had last year.

Spain also now has a yellow jersey this year and I believe they dropped the red one.

Anyone else know of any others?

God I hate Estonia's use of their flag in a quasi-shield thing. They look like a early 90's video game team. What was wrong with the gray coat of arms they used a few years ago?

I don't mind Lithuania's. The coat of arm colours go back further than the flag, so I can see the point of that, although the Vytis figure could use more detail. It looks too plain as it is. I don't see these surviving more than another year or two.

There are few more jerseys making their debuts in the next few days. Belarus wore their new reds today against the States, who themselves sported updated jerseys with the USA hockey logo in place of the shield. Kazakhstan's will be similar to the Belarus jerseys, with a thin ethnic design along the bottom, and nothing else, other than an updated crest design.

ARX_9321.JPG?height=330&width=450

Finland will also be sporting different whites from the Olympics. Not sure if the blues are gone as well:

BnIlHVzIYAAaT9P.jpg

France's white jersey has something slightly effeminate about it, but it's a unique, clean look. I don't hate it.

Italy's blues are disappointing.

DSC_4047.JPG

And the new Kazakh jerseys I mentioned yesterday:

ARX_9632.JPG

God I hate Estonia's use of their flag in a quasi-shield thing. They look like a early 90's video game team. What was wrong with the gray coat of arms they used a few years ago?

Latvia uses a grey version of their coat of arms as their logo. While Estonia's coat of arms are suitably unique they probably didn't want to use the same concept as their Baltic neighbours.

France's white jersey has something slightly effeminate about it, but it's a unique, clean look. I don't hate it.

Italy's blues are disappointing.

DSC_4047.JPG

And the new Kazakh jerseys I mentioned yesterday:

ARX_9632.JPG

Didn't know that Kevin Dallman is Kazakh now.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I just noticed that there looks like there is a sublimated polar bear on Norway's jersey as well. Can't see it that well on the white jersey but I looked at the player profiles on Norway and you can see that there is a design there:

DSC_4139.JPG?height=330&width=450

Red for reference:

IHNOR11609197801.jpg

Italy's blues are my favourite jerseys of the tournament so far that I've seen.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived