C2 ESCC Entries (C&C Thread)

DomTheAthlete29

I know both of my first two entries made it into the tournament, thanks for all the votes btw, but I am just looking for C&C on how these concepts could've been improved. Thanks!

SC Marseille

Union Dortmund

*updated with own links, should show presentation better (might have to ask Raysox to include these in the tournament)

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

I thought Marseille was fantastic in concept. The only problem was presentation. The detail of the crest is lost, and if I didn't have a panel showing the rope detail of the striping, I'd have no clue that's what was on the jersey.

Exact same problem with Dortmund. You spent a lot of time writing out the descriptions and rationales, but I can't read them at all.

rATMcmK.png

I thought Marseille was fantastic in concept. The only problem was presentation. The detail of the crest is lost, and if I didn't have a panel showing the rope detail of the striping, I'd have no clue that's what was on the jersey.

Exact same problem with Dortmund. You spent a lot of time writing out the descriptions and rationales, but I can't read them at all.

The presentation issues occur somewhere in the upload to Raysox blog...I uploaded the other images, the ones I sent to Raysox for upload, so you can see them at full-view in my photo bucket. Let me know if there still is a presentation issue.

Excellent job on both Marseille and Dortmund Chris. I really liked how you incorporated the naval aspect into the Marseille stripes. As well, nice job on the Dortmund crest with a city landmark. Both are clean and well thought out concepts. Best of luck in the tournament mate!

I really liked both concepts, and voted accordingly.

The Marseille kits have a strong maritime feel about them, which befits a club from a port city. The detailing of the rope in the pinstripes/hoops is a really nice touch. My own concept for the French round - for another port city - also used signal flags on the back collar, so great minds and all that. ;)

In all honesty, there's nothing really jumping out at me that I'd change about this set.

Dortmund also looks tremendous, and I liked how the various elements - local architecture, brewery imagery - combine in the crest. The only thing that I'd perhaps like to have seen would be for the pinstripes to have been carried onto the sleeves, but it's not a deal breaker for me as the darker red you've used on the sleeves ties the shirt in with the shorts nicely.

Two top draw concepts Chris, and I think that's reflected in how well placed both were in their respective rounds. Cap doffed.

royalbur_zps035a7bc7.png

CLICK TO ENLARGE.

Didn't do so well in the UK contest, so looking for C&C... When I get some downtime I'll be sure to post the third kit I finished up and a special kit I was going to implement but never did. So keep on the lookout for those here by the end of the week!

SC Marseille - Amazing. Wouldn't change a thing.

Union Dortmund - The kits are great. The crest isn't really doing it for me. I get the inspiration and tie-in, but, for whatever reason, the U throws me.

RBFC - Only issue here was the sleeve stripes. Would've liked them better if they were on the cuff instead of extending from the armpit. The clash stripes do look better than the home kit, though.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived