MLB Uniforms

wdm1219inpenna

Using the awesome templates and logos and uniform artwork already provided to us here on this website, I decided to try to "tweak" some MLB uniforms slightly.

One thing I like on MLB uniforms are the patches on the sleeves, either with the team logo (e.g. Chief Wahoo on the Indians), or lettering (e.g. "LA" on the Dodgers).

Having been a Yankee fan from 1974 til the early 2000s (when they got the likes of Clemens A-Fraud), and as a baseball fan, I realize it's nothing short of sacrilegious to amend the Yankees uniform.

Here's what the logo patch on their sleeves would potentially look like (I realize it's not completely accurate proportionately speaking):

ZZZZNYYSLEEVE_zps91cceafb.png

Two things, 1, all of the uniforms I post here will include the stirrup sock look, as I detest the pajama pants look, and 2. I notice the MLB patch on the back of the away uniform has the Killebrew silhouette in grey, when it should be white.

Interested in hearing feedback. Thanks! Once I get some feedback, I'll post another.

I'd say the sleeve patch could barely work on the home unis because the patch itself contains a lot of white as well as the uniform itself. But I think it won't work on the gray road unis. Simply because the patches would not really blend in with the rest of the uniform. The patches would rather strike too much and would distract from the rest of the uniform.

The patch you chose for the Yankees just doesn't work out well. It's just too big. Also, the red in the logo kind of interrupts the rest of the uniform. If you have to have any sort of patch on there at all I'd go with a very small interlocking NY.

What everyone else has said

And normally you place a patch so half of its on the front and half of it is on the back, the way you are showing it there would be two patches on the sleeve

I, for one, like it.

Uhhh...

Conworlds: Safir Alliance | Hoennverse

spacer.png

Archived