My (fictional) Nation: Palms Coast [New Soccer Crest, FEEDBACK WANTED]

NOppenheimer

cb8cc318da800d1afe76c311f1b28c66.jpg

Palms Coast is a fictional Nation I made up. I made a flag, soccer crest, and kits. The presentation is here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/17700497/My-Nation-Palms-Coast

Please check it out guys, if anyone feels like making their own country (or already has), it's okay if you post it here. Thanks!

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

My entire Hand-Drawn Baseball thread (except for the Bay Area stadiums) is set in a fictional country, so I guess you might be interested.

As for your soccer concept, I really like the simplicity of it all. However, I just feel that the shield is too plain. Mayne consider adding something in that huge, empty bottom part.

My entire Hand-Drawn Baseball thread (except for the Bay Area stadiums) is set in a fictional country, so I guess you might be interested.

As for your soccer concept, I really like the simplicity of it all. However, I just feel that the shield is too plain. Mayne consider adding something in that huge, empty bottom part.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know your hand-drawn thing was in a fictional country, I guess because saw your Bay Area stadiums. Anyway, I'm glad you like the kits. Do you think a soccer ball design would work on the crest?

Noah Oppenheimer

On the soccer jerseys, I think you should make the stripe with stars horizontal to match everything else for more consistency.

Hmm...I like it the way it is, but we'll see what other people think.

Noah Oppenheimer

It could just be me, but the soccer crest looks a little lopsided. The slanted line on the left looks longer than the one on the right. I think the idea itself is solid, though. Fix up the shield, and maybe put in the soccer ball design that you were talking about, and you got yourself a nice crest.

MARKHAM UNITED.png

It could just be me, but the soccer crest looks a little lopsided. The slanted line on the left looks longer than the one on the right. I think the idea itself is solid, though. Fix up the shield, and maybe put in the soccer ball design that you were talking about, and you got yourself a nice crest.

I'm replying in the most unproductive way, but I love that avatar. Zemgus!!!

I'm replying in the most unproductive way, but I love that avatar. Zemgus!!!

Haha, thanks man. Hopefully the Sabres can be watchable this year.

MARKHAM UNITED.png

The stars are skewed a certain way on the badge, if you want inspiration on the badge, look at the international ones. I would like one kit to be different from the other ie. America's Bomb Pop vs. Classy Collar. The keeper kit is jarring, which is like most keeper kits, so you're good on that. Mainly, just some small changes and you will be good.

That's what- She

Okay, I'll work on that.

The stars are skewed a certain way on the badge, if you want inspiration on the badge, look at the international ones. I would like one kit to be different from the other ie. America's Bomb Pop vs. Classy Collar. The keeper kit is jarring, which is like most keeper kits, so you're good on that. Mainly, just some small changes and you will be good.

I'll look into it. Personally I don't see what's wrong with similar unis, but I guess it's a soccer thing.

Noah Oppenheimer

Okay, I'll work on that.

I'll look into it. Personally I don't see what's wrong with similar unis, but I guess it's a soccer thing.
At first I didn't understand either (because I'm a hockeynut) but after awhile, I started watching Premier League games (Go Hotspurs!) and realized that the MLS kits may be similar, but the rest of the world pretty much does it differently. Honestly, you're the designer, and you have the liberty of accepting my C+C. I also appreciate you not using white.

That's what- She

This statement breaks my heart:

"Flag--The flag of Palms Coast is a black stripe on a teal backround with three teal stars on it. It doesn't have much of a meaning--just a design."

National flags have SUCH deep meaning, are usually overlaid with multiple layers of meaning (for example, the colours of the US flag each have a specific meaning, but they were also taken from the British flag, so two layers of meaning right there). I'd give a lot of thought to what you'd think the history of this country would be and start from there. Then let the kits spring from what you imagine is the culture of this country.

rATMcmK.png

This statement breaks my heart:

"Flag--The flag of Palms Coast is a black stripe on a teal backround with three teal stars on it. It doesn't have much of a meaning--just a design."

National flags have SUCH deep meaning, are usually overlaid with multiple layers of meaning (for example, the colours of the US flag each have a specific meaning, but they were also taken from the British flag, so two layers of meaning right there). I'd give a lot of thought to what you'd think the history of this country would be and start from there. Then let the kits spring from what you imagine is the culture of this country.

The colors do have some meaning, just not as specific as the US's flag or all the African flags or any of those. Palms Coast is by the Ocean and most cities have a modern feel. Te colors remind me of how I envision it being.

How did you come up with the name for your country

I used this magical thing called a brain. Originally this name was for a made-up city in California that I used for a OOTP league I used to play in. Anyway, when I was thinking of a name for my country, this came to mind.

Noah Oppenheimer

Archived