Introducing the WWFA A new era in football (soccer) Rio crest 2.0 + new name!

jaker52

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well maybe if you told him that he would

so far all i have seen is you whining at him the crest isnt brazillian enough, ....the colours are fine what he needs is a graphic like the statue of christ the redeemer to make the rio pop more is all its just a bit too plain

and their is nothing wrong with the shape either its unique here ....but not an uncommon length for a french club badge

fact is if your going to give good C+C knowing a little bit about the scource material helps

Actually, I did tell him exactly that, but he opted to defend his choices instead of trying to make the changes. If me telling him to change the colors because they don't seem Brazilian to me is whining, maybe the definition of whining has changed recently. And just in case you didn't know, this isn't a French club. Why would a Brazilian club play wanna be French? What he really needs to do is overhaul the crest, not shove in a vector of the Christ the Redeemer statue like you keep insisting. I am honestly at a loss for what "source material" is, but I think someone whose been here five days wouldn't know too much about giving C&C. I guess I'm done with my "whining" again.

spacer.png

I'm fairly positive that the logo was made in Microsoft Word...

I'm not even kidding, you hit Insert Shape no more than four times. I also think it's too elongated.

I would lighten the maroon and soften the blue. Right now the blue is borderline neon. IMO, I would not put the Christ statue in there as a whole, but I would like to see a small silhouette of that statue on the mountain.

Kubiak Designs, Buffalo, NY- Est. 2012

Actually, I did tell him exactly that, but he opted to defend his choices instead of trying to make the changes. If me telling him to change the colors because they don't seem Brazilian to me is whining, maybe the definition of whining has changed recently. And just in case you didn't know, this isn't a French club. Why would a Brazilian club play wanna be French? What he really needs to do is overhaul the crest, not shove in a vector of the Christ the Redeemer statue like you keep insisting. I am honestly at a loss for what "source material" is, but I think someone whose been here five days wouldn't know too much about giving C&C. I guess I'm done with my "whining" again.

well since im actually a man with 15 years experience in graphic design and of giving C+C i should think im fully qualified to give it thank you very much, how long i have been on this site for is irrelevant,,

but putting that to one side for a second, i never said this was a French club and should look French as you have claimed, i have said it wasn't uncommon in France,(infact i admitted this to NOppenheimer a few posts ago so your behind the times with that accusation)

i mean does it really matter where the badge shape is actually from? couldn't he get away with a Portuguese looking badge?, Brazil speaks Portuguese after all

plus i have seen some decent NFL redesigns based on European soccer club badges (including a rather nice design for the cardinals based on AS Monaco, and even one for the buffalo bills based on Tottenham) :censored: most of the MLS has drawn inspiration from them in some shape or form and at one time or another, so why is it they can do it and Brazil cannot,

who are you to decide that it should look purely Brazilian, when researching the source material would show you that most teams in Brazil have a basic tradition stemming from early European influences (theirs an Arsenal FC in Brazil, and Vasco Da Gama was a Portuguese sailor)

but i guess that's the problem isn't it, this all harks back to the the fact that you have absolutely no idea what the source material is about, your obsessed with how crappy the shape is but your not giving him ideas for how he can improve the creative process, or offering suggestions for better shapes and designs based on the actual city, i mean telling him to make the logo smaller is all well and good but how the hell is he supposed to improve that way, i find that giving people ideas helps a bunch when im trying to improve someone and to do this correctly doing the research yourself helps,

and bear in mind im just talking about the rio badge here, you gave him some advice similar to this for the mexico city one so im finding it curious that your not doing it here, here your just flat out telling the guy to fix the length, (and colour once again for some reason), but its like you have forgotten your own previous advice about doing the research,

but no, for some reason i cant put my finger on your just flat out want him to change its shape and now your complaining because hes told you they are appropriate to the city, but if you had done the research yourself wouldn't be judging him for that decision

plus since its its is what you told him to do for mexico, he is following your advice anyway so wheres your problem?

now the way i see it is, if the club is a rio based club and hes got a good reason why he chose to make it that way and why he chose those particular colours,and they actually have something to do with the city i don't see why he should, change it,

i have only suggested he add Christ the redeemer because its a major symbol of the city that no team from rio actually uses, and i feel it might brighten up the logo

im not quite sure where you got the term repeatedly from since i have mentioned it only once and im not expecting him to actually add it unlike you, but at least i can say i have given him a reasonable idea in the hope it will give him others,

i mean for one thing a club based in rio isnt trying to scream rio to a none Brazilian is it? it wants to associate itself with its local fan base somehow

i mean do any of these actual rio based clubs scream RIO DE JANERO for you? cos they sure as :censored: dont for me

but then again what the hell do i know im only the new guy here

200px-ClubDeRegatasVascoDaGama.svg.png200px-Botafogo_de_Futebol_e_Regatas_logo200px-Fluminense_fc_logo.svg.png200px-Flamengo_braz_logo.svg.png

but what is he making better here,

the club itself? the logo?..i mean for a start you cant make a club better when it dost exist in the first place,

and giving a team colours more appropriate to its country when its not a national side is making it worse,

because its moving it away from the city its tied to in favour of its country which is doubly silly when he wants a full league of Brazilian teams (or south american or whatever he said it was)

they cant all be yellow blue and green can they

Archived