New Houston Rockets Secondary Logo

arcane

It's getting trashed by everyone on ClutchFans.net

How do they not notice the negativity around our current brand? Do they just not care? Even Parsons tried all year to get us new uniforms. Dwight and Harden both said they prefer to wear the alternates. So all we do is get a new secondary logo and probably change the cut of our current home and aways? You're killing me Leslie Alexander!

How do they not notice the negativity around our current brand? Do they just not care? Even Parsons tried all year to get us new uniforms. Dwight and Harden both said they prefer to wear the alternates. So all we do is get a new secondary logo and probably change the cut of our current home and aways? You're killing me Leslie Alexander!

Well they mostly didn't like the home and aways because of the cut and I think they'll look a lot better in that cut.

I think the alts are way overrated. I like the return to red and yellow but it's way too much yellow. Needs to be red and white with a touch of yellow. The drop shadow and numbers are too much.

Well they mostly didn't like the home and aways because of the cut and I think they'll look a lot better in that cut.

I think the alts are way overrated. I like the return to red and yellow but it's way too much yellow. Needs to be red and white with a touch of yellow. The drop shadow and numbers are too much.

I feel they would be okay with the logos and scripts if they did something clean and simple like project thirty four's design seen here http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/2012/03/09/houston-rockets-2/

I do absolutely agree on the alternates having too much yellow. It should only be minor trim. Though i do love the 70's away jerseys which used more of a gold instead of yellow. http://www.mvpallstar.com/images//NBA/NBA10286.jpg

My fav. concept is from someone here, i think his name was berlin wall?

Rockets1_zpsb995239c.png

Rockets2_zpsc7fa6ea1.png

It's a perfect modernization of our true championship identity, though i feel the logo on the shorts doesn't match the script at all.

I feel they would be okay with the logos and scripts if they did something clean and simple like project thirty four's design seen here http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/2012/03/09/houston-rockets-2/

I do absolutely agree on the alternates having too much yellow. It should only be minor trim. Though i do love the 70's away jerseys which used more of a gold instead of yellow. http://www.mvpallstar.com/images//NBA/NBA10286.jpg

My fav. concept is from someone here, i think his name was berlin wall?

Rockets1_zpsb995239c.png

Rockets2_zpsc7fa6ea1.png

It's a perfect modernization of our true championship identity, though i feel the logo on the shorts doesn't match the script at all.

These would work perfectly!!
shado_logo.gif

I'm one of the few that love their logo as is (ok maybe lose the drop shadow) so I have no beef with their secondary. They were one of the only teams without one I think. IMO, all the Rockets NEED to do is change the cut of the jerseys. Those wide shoulders have never been a good look. Maybe a little updating like when the Sixers updated their black unis.

OMG! I'm so upset. Does this mean we are sticking with the plain and boring brand we currently have for many more years? They wouldn't release an alt. logo if we were to re-brand next season correct?

Ugh...this is so terrible. It's so plain. So dull. The Rockets brand has no character. No charm.

What's next? Keep the same terrible uniforms, but change the jersey cut only?

Ive been saying for years that they need to go back to the uniforms from the days of the logo in your sig. The Rockets havent used yellow since what, 1994? They won 2 titles in the old uni's. I understand the crazy mid-late 90's uniform revolution, but theyve been using these plain and boring red/white striped uni's for FAR too long.

OMG! I'm so upset. Does this mean we are sticking with the plain and boring brand we currently have for many more years? They wouldn't release an alt. logo if we were to re-brand next season correct?

Ugh...this is so terrible. It's so plain. So dull. The Rockets brand has no character. No charm.

What's next? Keep the same terrible uniforms, but change the jersey cut only?

Ive been saying for years that they need to go back to the uniforms from the days of the logo in your sig. The Rockets havent used yellow since what, 1994? They won 2 titles in the old uni's. I understand the crazy mid-late 90's uniform revolution, but theyve been using these plain and boring red/white striped uni's for FAR too long.

95. We won back to back in the classics which we used since 1977, the logo which was used since 72. The red white and blue was a fan contest winner. The current look was designed by Academy Award-winning costume designer Eiko Ishioka. There's obvious Asian influence thanks to Yao Ming. We've already used this identity longer than we did the late 90s look. Recent quotes from Rockets staff such as "we are basicaly the de-facto team in China" makes me realize we probably won't change, perhaps because of fear of losing the China fan base due to a non Yao Ming identity. i really don't get it though since our classics are still the same colors of their national team and Yao did wear throwbacks in those jerseys too.

Don't get me wrong. I DO feel like the current logo CAN be improved and updated. I still think the 3D logo dome by comcast looks super sick and shows the potential. Having that 3D logo on top of a platform where the script logo can be with some gold/yellow trim would be outstanding IMO.

I would like gold/yellow added to the logo, but it isn't necessary(much like how the Spurs never used Fiesta colors in their uniforms-just opposite). I just want updated uniforms that do have yellow/gold in the trim and possibly in the script. I do not find a once in a while used alternate jersey with overkill on yellow to be satisfactory.

Archived