Tampa Bay Mutts MLS Concept

Soarindude

With the MLS being considered a top 5 league in year 2020, finances for each team in the league were at an all-time high. The MLS had expanded to markets in Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, and Minnesota with plans to finally create a pro/rel system by 2025. Orlando City, once known for having one of the best fanbases in the league, had officially sunk into a deep amount of debt after the owner was charged with various crimes related to the MLS. Orlando City's hopes of surviving in the MLS were slim to none, and with no interest from any investors in Orlando to keep the team, the decision to sell the team outside of Orlando was met.

The buyer was known by a man of Austin Mutt, whose last name soon would become the main identity of the new football club. Mutt was a wealthy businessmen who had lived in the Tampa Bay Area for most of his life. The Tampa Bay Rowdies, who hadn't been around for 5 years, had not set the best example of Tampa Bay being a future MLS contender. But Mutt's stubbornness to bring a team to his hometown trumped that, and the Tampa Bay Mutts was born.

2invav.jpg

The name comes from the owner. The color scheme comes from two "dog-esque" color tones, brown and cream. This scheme is also very unique in the sports world, something Austin really wanted to brand his team around. Outback was chosen, as Outback is a significant restaurant staple in the Bay Area.

Brown is the home uniform, cream is the change uniform, and white is the alternate, worn only against rival Miami FC.

I like the color scheme (fits with the mascot), i like how its a local sponsor, and the uniforms designs are great. I would suggest adding more white to the first two kits and changing the god awful logo. the paw is fine to have, but the state of florida looks so out of place and the ball you have there is a volleyball, not a soccer ball. Even further, the whole logo looks like a gun: something Tampa wants to get away from being known for

Also, think of a better and more intimidating dog-themed team name. Mutts doesn't sound professional

I think you should look over the state of Florida again; I think the panhandle is supposed to be thinner and shorter. Also, paw prints are far too overused in sports in my opinion, and should only be used as secondary logos in the first place. Push yourself and be more creative.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

I think I am going to re-work the Mutt's logo a bit but I am not sure how. Would actually a figure of a dog (like Leciester City) be something worth trying? The paw print seemed to me like the best way to reflect a Mutt. I'm sticking with the name because my real last name is Mut..., which has led me to always use the name "Mutts" for any fantasy sports team I create.

Any ideas on what I can do to improve the crest?

And my storyline isn't any close to realistic, but neither is putting a team in Orlando and Tampa Bay. I guess I could've went with a little different route and said that Tampa Bay Mutts would be a minor league squad, but the creative thunder of making me a millionaire businessman is nice to think about. :lol:

Do you mean to have an Adidas logo within the crest?

Wow, I didn't see that until now. I was planning on changing the kit sponsor to Adidas anyway (a way to incorporate white by adding the 3 white lines), but in no way meant to create it as part of the crest. I might just remove one of the stripes.

I actually don't mind the original logo. Seems I am in the minority, though.

But if you're stuck on changing it, maybe try the roundel as a ball, but instead of the middle patch, replace it with the paw...? The crest could use one other color, too. Even just a white outline. Perhaps it's just in combination with the presentation, but it's really heavy on the brown and cream.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

34xjcyp.png

Here is the new logo with white outlines. (There are white lines surrounding the cream as well, which makes the logo pop more on the brown and cream uniform) And by golly did it make a difference. Unfortunately, I am still having a problem with what to put in the center of the crest. Any creative insight that will spark some ideas?

Linework is way too thin. There are lots of tension points where one line comes very close to another but doesn't touch.

There's going to be a lot of tension points if I am using the shape outline of Florida.

Not necessarily. You could decrease the size of the shield, but leave the cream-colored background the same size.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

That may be your biggest problem: using the state outline. Ditch that and go with the badge

Also, your tan outline of the badge is jagged and uneven. May wanna smooth that out

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived