slapshot

I heard about this on the radio the other day, as the championship game is being held today in Boston.

Basic premise...32 basketball teams, $500,000 winner-take-all tournament.

Some teams consist of former NBA and Division 1 NCAA players, others include friends and relatives of ex-players (bit of a stretch). Teams are ranked by the number of "fans" they can accumulate (sort of like friending in Facebook), and at a certain level of fandom, the teams get a logo designed for them.

When I went to the website http://www.thetournament.com, I saw that all the logos had a distinctive style.

I sent an info email and found out all the logos were designed by Fraser Davidson.

Examples:

PubbChampionsTour.png

PhillyPatriots.png

BigApple.png

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Someone associated with the tournament registered here and made a Requests some time ago.

I remember the post, so it is still buried in Requests because it is the biggest reason why I remember thinking who would host such a tournament?

I thought it was supposed to be in Philly.

I was signed on as an alternate incase Fraser got more requests than he thought he would. Wish I got a chance at some logos(not to mention some serious bank). But Fraser killed all of these.

Also Slapshot, I think the finals were played at the "home court" of one of the finalists

Archived