Ghana WC Concept (CCWC)

TorinK92

This was my entry into the Chris Creamer World Cup. I was called on short and only had a day to finish this, lol, but I was still happy with what came out.

The crest features the Tawny Eagle, on the coat of arms as well, and keeps the team's iconic soccer ball in the middle with the black star inside of it.

The home kit is pretty traditional, all red with yellow accents it uses a variation of Norwhich City's new template which I found quite nice. The away kit is all white with black accents,mand features a band of the country's flag on the arms. The four stars on ach collar represents the four African cups the team has won.

Any C&C is appreciated.

tumblr_n7shzx5bZJ1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

I really liked this concept. The logo is far more creative and certainly less 90's than the current, but there were a few things I really didn't like about it, the way you tried to sell the circle with the star on it as a soccer ball threw me off, since I don't really see that as a ball.

The uniforms, especially the clash, are great, I feel those were the parts of the design that won you those votes. And if it was my choice you would have advanced, not Portugal.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Nobody can see the four stars when wearing the uniform. They should be placed on the outside part of the uniform.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Nobody can see the four stars when wearing the uniform. They should be placed on the outside part of the uniform.

Kits and uniforms from other sports have little things like that inside collars all of the time. Those stars inside the collar weren't an issue at all in my opinion.

For me, it wasn't a matter of not liking this concept, but more that I liked 2 others more. That being said, the crest could have used a little refinement. The star on the ball isn't perfectly level. Not sure if that was on purpose but it seemed like it was an error. The red inside of the crest under the wings just seemed forced to me. I understand that you didn't want big white spaces there, but I don't think the solution you chose worked well enough.

The kits were good, but something about the stripes on the shoulders/sleeves of the clash bothered me. Not sure why. Maybe it's because you don't usually see that in soccer. Not sure.

Again, this wasn't a bad concept at all, I just liked others in the group better. I think that if you were in a different group, you would have had a chance to advance.

gYH2mW9.png

The crest is really cool, and I love the incorporation of the black star into the soccer ball. I think the current kits are simply fantastic though. That white jersey with the tribal pattern around the neck and shoulders were my favorite of the whole tournament.

• Crest - Definitely a unique shape. Admittedly, I was thrown off by it during voting. But the more I look at it, the more I like it. The Black Star in the ball is a great touch.
  • Home kit - Wouldn't change a thing.
  • Away kit - The flag stripes are a little too much for me. I think it would have been better thinner.
  • The stars - Although I don't think your current placement on the collar is an issue, maybe try them above the name on the back.

Overall - It's a good concept, but you had two other strong competitors in your group.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I personally, love this concept. The crest is great, and the kits are fantastic, especially the clash. Your concept, IMO, was the best in your group.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived