Mississippi State announces plans for a new $40 Million Baseball Stadium

hailstateunis

http://www.msubulldogclub.com/projects/dudy-noble-field/

There has been talk about this for about the past year, and the renderings finally were released today. The current grandstand will be torn down and an all-new double- tiered grandstand with a 360-degree walk around concourse. Based on the renderings, it will be without doubt the best college baseball stadium in the country. LSU and South Carolina have built stadiums on similar budgets in the last few years, but this one looks to surpass those two. The left field lounge has been preserved, and new left field suites will be added in a brick building, giving the park a Petco Park and Camden Yards- like feel. I was hoping for a complete rebuild, and I think they absolutely hit it out of the park. It's going to be awesome to go to games there in a few years.

1_0.jpg

For comparison, here's what it currently looks like:

YMZxkRp.png

There's also this really cool flyover video that shows the park from every angle:

as a baseball fan and as a state student, i like it, and with how successful our baseball team has been over the years i think its much needed to bring in more fans to the games and to campus

2rzsaw3.jpg

Would it be a big enough city for a AA team?

No, not big enough at all. It's a college town obviously, so I doubt anyone would give a crap about a AA team anyway. Unless former Bulldogs were on it.

as a baseball fan and as a state student, i like it, and with how successful our baseball team has been over the years i think its much needed to bring in more fans to the games and to campus

Hey, we already hold the NCAA record at over 15,000 people. I don't know that the new stadium will have as many seats, but all the extra concourse and grassy areas should allow for a few more thousand people to be at the game.

It will make for a GREAT regional and super regional atmosphere.

Would it be a big enough city for a AA team?

No, not big enough at all. It's a college town obviously, so I doubt anyone would give a crap about a AA team anyway. Unless former Bulldogs were on it.

Hey, we already hold the NCAA record at over 15,000 people. I don't know that the new stadium will have as many seats, but all the extra concourse and grassy areas should allow for a few more thousand people to be at the game.

It will make for a GREAT regional and super regional atmosphere.

Would it be able to draw from Columbus which isn't that far away?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived