Custom Football Tips/Advice Thread--Share Your Pictures!

dsaline97

I literally have a couple trasbags full of helmet shells and I have two big boxes full of facemasks if anyone would be interested in them I could part ways with them if you're willing to cover shipping. They're taking up way too much space and need to get rid of them. I have all the inner "guts" of the helmets and chinstraps too. If you want pictures let me know.

I might actually be interested in that deal. Rough estimate....how much would shipping be?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I literally have a couple trasbags full of helmet shells and I have two big boxes full of facemasks if anyone would be interested in them I could part ways with them if you're willing to cover shipping. They're taking up way too much space and need to get rid of them. I have all the inner "guts" of the helmets and chinstraps too. If you want pictures let me know.

I might actually be interested in that deal. Rough estimate....how much would shipping be?

I will get back to you on that next weekend. I'm currently at school and can't get anyone at home to take pictures for me. I'll have to go over to the post office and see if I can get the helmet to fit in flat rate shipping box.

I will get back to you on that next weekend. I'm currently at school and can't get anyone at home to take pictures for me. I'll have to go over to the post office and see if I can get the helmet to fit in flat rate shipping box.

Cool man. Very much appreciated. I'm going to message you my email address.

This would be a nice place to post any tips/tricks/advice on painting helmets. I for one would love to paint one should I come across a cheap helmet one day. This could be a useful resource for others wanting to paint helmets.

Updated the title with that idea in mind. I'd really like to get another helmet, I used more of a label maker type of sticker on my first attempt and I'm not really satisfied. That and my under armour visor doesn't fit on Schutt DNA masks for whatever reason.

I'd also like to see what you've got, load up some pictures when you get the chance!

spacer.png

Here is the process I followed when I made one of my helmets. I've since tweaked my process since (not sanding between priming and painting, and not clear coating), but the process pretty much remains the same for me and you may find it helpful....

http://stevebcreations.com/redskins-diy-feather-helmet/

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but I have a question on sanding matte/flat helmets. I painted my first today...

2014-12-13-15-25-48.jpg

I always wet sand my helmets a few weeks after painting, but this finish has no "orange peel". There are a few globs of paint that need to be flattened out. Does anyone know the best way to do that without ruining the finish? Do I wet sand those spots, and if I do, does it take the matte look away from those areas? Or do I just dry sand and touch up if necessary?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if one of you guys making helmets can make me a custom mini helmet? I collect Baylor helmets and I'm looking for one that is not sold. If someone can, please let me know. Thanks.

Are you looking for a historic helmet that is hard to come by or a Baylor concept helmet?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have read the forum for many years, but have never posted before. I am asking for help. I am a long time Jacksonville Jaguars season ticket holder (since 95) and fan (yeah I know they suck, but they are my team), and have/had a nice collection of prototype and official helmets that were the pride of my collection. My now ex girlfriend decided she was going to get even with me for the cute girl she walked into my place on while she was asleep on my couch, and decided that she was going to "pay me back" by destroying my collection. I just wished she would have woke up my niece that she had never met from Ohio that was in town visiting for the first time she had been out of state in her life (I have no energy to make this up) before trashing my stuff. She melted many of the decals that I had went to great lengths to get from friends that are no longer with the Jaguars, and I cannot find them anywhere else. I called Riddell and asked them if I could buy them directly from them, and they treated me like a criminal. My question is does anyone know where I can get original Jags logo decals for these things from, or anything real close to them? I have ordered many from eBay, Etsy, etc, and they do not come close to the original decals I had. I cannot find any place that can reproduce the original decals with the gold metal flake in them, and they cannot come close to the colors in the new logos. If anyone knows anyone that could help I would really appreciate your assistance. Thanks to anyone that can help. I tried to post a new thread, but I guess being new to posting I am not allowed to so if this is the wrong place to post this I apologize.

1606256_1604840623068940_73194317145088110914753_1604840579735611_875751447798041979142_1604840576402278_80163358902221510924142_1604840573068945_6360016455812910896305_1604840583068944_87782677787976

I'm no legal expert, but doesn't what she did constitute at least as destruction of property? I'd pursue charges if I were you.

Best of luck of your helmets man, that's a real bummer. I would suggest eBay for decals, but if that doesn't do it for you, give pro tuff decals a shot.

I'm no legal expert, but doesn't what she did constitute at least as destruction of property? I'd pursue charges if I were you.

Best of luck of your helmets man, that's a real bummer. I would suggest eBay for decals, but if that doesn't do it for you, give pro tuff decals a shot.

It was one of those deals where it was better to just get rid of her or go through more stupidity. I am going to give Pro Tuff a try, I appreciate your help.

Update on Jags helmets:

Thanks for everyone's help. I received a call from the Jaguars main office today, and they are sending me the decals to assist in my repairs. It will be great to get my collection back to the way I had it. Thanks again.

Update on Jags helmets:

Thanks for everyone's help. I received a call from the Jaguars main office today, and they are sending me the decals at no charge to assist in my repairs. They were extremely helpful, and refused to let me pay for them. It will be great to get my collection back to the way I had it. Thanks again.

I know what I'm doing tomorrow...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived