chickenfish13

/ Rebranding the NHL / LA Kings logo

Your second version is so much better. Nothing like a muskrat, if you ask me.

35 minutes ago, jdp said:

Your second version is so much better. Nothing like a muskrat, if you ask me.

Interesting. My biggest worry before posting it was that it had too much of a beaver/muskrat vibe. So when someone mentioned it I figured that's how most would see it. I'm glad that isn't everyone's first thought though, and that it's being well received. 

Thanks all for commenting!

The second Preds post is defiantly better than the first. From the rest of the posts it might be just me but the nose or whiskers/cheek area look off to me a little bit.. 

Are any updates here a significant improvement over the last version? I've been fiddling with it a lot, but I think maybe I got a bit too cute with making the curves line up. If nothing stands out as being better, or if anything stands out as being worse, I think I'll just go back to the last version for the jerseys.

predsupdated.png

13 hours ago, chickenfish13 said:

Are any updates here a significant improvement over the last version? I've been fiddling with it a lot, but I think maybe I got a bit too cute with making the curves line up. If nothing stands out as being better, or if anything stands out as being worse, I think I'll just go back to the last version for the jerseys.

predsupdated.png

I think that these changes are a downgrade. What you had last worked better

7 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

I think that these changes are a downgrade. What you had last worked better

Yeah, I'd have to agree.

Sounds good, I'll revert back to the previous version for the jerseys, which I'm working on right now. Can't get them to where I want them. In the meantime, I've got the next team's logo ready to go. Here's the Kings. It's an edit of an old Lion logo. I'm not sure how the containing shape will be received, obviously it isn't the typical Lion's hair outline. I thought it might be interesting to combine the Lion with a shield, and I'm happy enough with it to stick to it, unless there is any major backlash. Would love to hear thoughts!

LAkingslogo.png

I really like the mark in general, but I'd like to see some shading or highlights in the black space, OR make the shield a bit smaller/face a bit bigger.

A lot of potential here.

I agree with @Point1 , there needs to be something in the black space. Otherwise it looks great.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:59 PM, chickenfish13 said:

Sounds good, I'll revert back to the previous version for the jerseys, which I'm working on right now. Can't get them to where I want them. In the meantime, I've got the next team's logo ready to go. Here's the Kings. It's an edit of an old Lion logo. I'm not sure how the containing shape will be received, obviously it isn't the typical Lion's hair outline. I thought it might be interesting to combine the Lion with a shield, and I'm happy enough with it to stick to it, unless there is any major backlash. Would love to hear thoughts!

LAkingslogo.png

I would make the face bigger and maybe add the ears to the lion. 

I like the Lion's face and the crown but it's hair could use some silver or white shading. Maybe incorporating the letters LA into it would be cool?

Looks awesome. Not sure how this would look but maybe split the silver outline into half silver half white (with white on the outside)?

Something seems off with the pupils, but I can't pinpoint it. Can't tell whether they should be smaller, absent or more of a crescent. Am I the only one seeing them as slight cross-eyed? I know, sorry, that's not terribly helpful.

On 3/3/2017 at 9:38 PM, chickenfish13 said:

Quick update here

kingsrevised.png

I don't like it for LA, but it would be a magnificent Manchester Monarchs logo.