Frankfurt Galaxy & Cologne Centurions updates

mcrosby

Pretty simple update here, I wanted a logo that was less...bunch of pixels. The helmet wasn't 100% my idea, I think I've seen the idea on the boards at some point before, but it has stuck with me and I'm a big fan. If the response is good I might continue with more NFL Europe teams.

JDZ9jSQ.png

Great update, though I'm not to keen on the football laces at the center of the galaxy.

Other than that, I would love to see you turn this into a series, and maybe add the North American WLAF teams later on.

Ordinarily, I don't dig the use of other design elements on helmets besides solid colors, but this work has just the right amount of subtle detail to enhance the final look. The stars add the design depth the helmet could use and it works so seamlessly with the ball and the rings, that you should leave it the way it is. I don't even want you to change the colors either, since orange and purple fit well with the space look, so well done sir/madam.

Okay, one minor thing. I'd like to see this without the star on the front end of the rings, so they seem more similar in sizes to the faint stars on the rest of the helmet.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

mcrosby, that Frankfurt Galaxy helmet is a thing of beauty. I remember the days of following the World League of American Football in it's infancy. They were good games and loved the World Bowl trophy (glass ball with the continents etched into it).

I would love to see the rest of the European teams done for sure: Barcelona, London, Glasgow, Hamburg.

Cologne, though I might move them to Rome if the league were to begin again. Otherwise it might as well be a German Football League.

The helmet is supposed to be a matte black. I didn't make a ton of changes here, I just made it look a bit less 'Battlestar Galactica".

gAAx4RO.png

Another nice concept.

I'd still like to see you continue this series.

Both of these look really nice. I like your Galaxy logo with the addition of the football. It still has that galaxy feel, but much cleaner than their real logo was. The Centurions logo sits perfectly along the natural curves of the helmet, even between the bolts and ear hole.. Normally I don't like enlarged logos on helmets, but in this case, it works very well.

The thing with the centurions logo is that white chinstraps (the kind that fasten up high) could ruin the effect. Black ones could be an issue too. It works perfectly on a model helmet, but maybe not so much in action.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived