__taylorc's College Football Redesigns (4/27 Cincinnati Bearcats)

__taylorc

Hello everyone, with all this football talk I've really been itching to do some more football concepts. I started a similar thread a few months ago when I first started getting into design, and now looking at it I've gotten waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better lol. Now unlike my last football thread I will just do whatever teams I feel like so I most likely wont do all of them. So my first concept is a simple one i decided to tweak my favorite school Michigan State

Michigan State

ngiE5W1.jpg

5h9ympQ.jpgJa8h9bu.jpgnbvzUC4.jpg

Now I really like the new additions of Green Pants and the new White Unis, so this is just a small tweak.

-Made Monochrome Green and Monochrome White Home and Away

-Brought bake there Gold Nike Pro Combat Gold Helmets

-I made a Rivalry Home and away for games against Michigan (Yeah I know Miss State already does the same exact thing but I thought it was a cool idea)

So this was a very small tweak but there will be more, so stay tuned and C&C!

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

I really like the set with the gold, it makes the green pop, and it's a bit less boring. The set itself is simple, but effective. Nice job. Only complaint is that the logo on the helmet is too far back, it should be centered a bit more.

On a side note: Really love the template I've never seen it on here.

spacer.png

I love MSU's current uniform set (I may be biased though, lol), and you still managed to make it even better. I really liked the bronze pro combats, glad to see those come back as a full time alternate. I'm not quite sure about using the bronze on the road uniform, there's not enough green for it to look like MSU.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Okay so after reading some comments here are the updates for MSU......

8HvCB4g.jpg

F16WqgV.jpg

-Centered Spartan logo on helmet

-Made Player name larger

HGEuvbt.jpguY6U56g.jpg

WHITE HELMETS!!!!

8lKZqcC.jpg

5TELjY4.jpg

-Same thing with Home and Away

-And I threw on Green Pants for Rivalry Away

U of Michigan is up next

Tj4ZkPU.png

I really like the set with the gold, it makes the green pop, and it's a bit less boring. The set itself is simple, but effective. Nice job. Only complaint is that the logo on the helmet is too far back, it should be centered a bit more.

On a side note: Really love the template I've never seen it on here.

Thanks I made it myself

Tj4ZkPU.png

Alright so if you guys catch the trend I'm going, youll see I'm doing the Michigan D-1 schools first just because I know there looks better.... so lets continue with little sister Michigan

Michigan

N7ksAi9.jpg

gvtArWV.jpg

Now there isn't much of a change to the unis other than the aways, I got rid of the piping and I added U of M's old mascot logo and put it below the back collar

Now to the school I may actually go to CMU

Central Michigan

3n7yvaN.jpg

rDGAIS5.jpg98Lyl7J.jpg

CMU actually had a good upgrade this season, but like most Adidas unis they tend to be a bit bland, so I added a 3 stripes on the sleeves and pants but kept the helmets blank. I also added White helmets.

Eastern and Western up next!

Tj4ZkPU.png

Michigan State: I'd add a pants stripe to complement the helmet stripe. Also, the shade of bronze/gold you used is a little too gold. I would darken it a little, shifting it more toward brown.

Michigan: I'd add some sort of trim or striping to the away. Normally I like home and road unis to match, but it's become Michigan's tradition to make them different.

Central Michigan: I would make the stripes on the red jersey and pants yellow with white trim to match the logo better. I would also get rid of the contrasting cuffs (which never look good with sleeve stripes) and reconsider the base layer. I'm not sure how well the double stripes would work.

Michigan State: I'd add a pants stripe to complement the helmet stripe. Also, the shade of bronze/gold you used is a little too gold. I would darken it a little, shifting it more toward brown.

Michigan: I'd add some sort of trim or striping to the away. Normally I like home and road unis to match, but it's become Michigan's tradition to make them different.

Central Michigan: I would make the stripes on the red jersey and pants yellow with white trim to match the logo better. I would also get rid of the contrasting cuffs (which never look good with sleeve stripes) and reconsider the base layer. I'm not sure how well the double stripes would work.

About MSU I've gotten that alot so ill dirty it up a bit, make it look more bronze. As for Michigan I really was considering that, but I thought that a classic look would fit them more. And as for CMU, i didn't really have an idea for there base layer so I thought that a double stripe would look alright, but now imagining it I kinda agree

*Little sister Michigan :lol: . You must believe in Sparty.

Blame it on Mike Hart XD

Tj4ZkPU.png

Now that finals are over I can now get back to making concepts....so as I promised Eastern and Western Michigan

Eastern Michigan

SlV7e5p.jpgbivnn7H.jpg

J1pDTG7.jpg

Eastern hasn't had a good football team since 1987 which was the last time they won the MAC Championship, so I designed these unis after that team. The white helmet and pants will be the Primary set while green helmet and pants will be an alternate. And since Eastern has just installed Grey turf on their field......might as well bring a Grey Alternate.

Western Michigan

bgYcRrk.jpgSVXiRqF.jpgBAZc2HD.jpg

Western probably has the weirdest identity in all of Collegiate sports, their school colors are Brown and Yellow while most sports other than basketball uses Black and Gold. So for these I stuck to school colors. On the Shoulders I use a 2 stripe strip like Texas A&M except it doesn't ride all the way down the Shoulder. I also kept there current font.

So C&C as always! Updates should be soon.

Tj4ZkPU.png

Archived