PittsburghSucks

2016-17 NBA Season

738 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

They're both very good. There are a lot of very good guards in the NBA. If you add DeRozan (Lowry was injured too much), who do you take away?

 

Personally, I'd take away Lillard for how poor his team has played this year, even though it is a fair debate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jazz/Blazers last night was a crappy game, but it was great for milestones:

 

- Lillard dropped a new career high of 59.

 

- Joe Johnson joined the 20,000 point club.

 

- Rudy Gobert became one of only 12 players in NBA history with a 1,000 point/1,000 rebound/200 block season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to back 50 win seasons for Toronto. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Back to back 50 win seasons for Toronto. 

What's crazy is that they have an outside shot at 1st place. Sure, Boston and Cleveland have to lose their final games, but it's possible in theory!

Edit: Probably not. Cleveland already won the season series. Oh, well. Here's hoping they continue to falter.

Edited by Magnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be real nice not having any expectations for the Cavaliers this playoff run again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A rarity!  LeBron getting 6 fouls in one game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

It's going to be real nice not having any expectations for the Cavaliers this playoff run again.

 

You're kidding me, right? The fact they're not doing well & are the defending champs puts every once of pressure on their backs. And so far, it looks like it's breaking them, particularly Lebron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the Hawks just beat the Cavs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

And the Hawks just beat the Cavs. 

 

That's twice in 48 hours. Holy crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

 

You're kidding me, right? The fact they're not doing well & are the defending champs puts every once of pressure on their backs. And so far, it looks like it's breaking them, particularly Lebron. 

 

I said expectations, not pressure. Don't Billy Joel me here.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2016 at 1:00 PM, BlackBolt3 said:

I think Russell Westbrook is this year's MVP. That man is gonna be a runaway train.

folks...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

 

That's twice in 48 hours. Holy crap.

 

People underestimate how good the Hawks are. They needed time, but are catching their stride & could upset a team in the 1st round if they continue to play this well. It's been a group effort & the guys they've brought in have been handy during this run. Not to mention how well Millsap has looked since he's been back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KittSmith_95 said:

 

People underestimate how good the Hawks are. They needed time, but are catching their stride & could upset a team in the 1st round if they continue to play this well. It's been a group effort & the guys they've brought in have been handy during this run. Not to mention how well Millsap has looked since he's been back. 

 

They have a knack for losing to lesser teams and giving the elite teams a run for their money. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks didn't make it out of the first round if they're matched up with the Wizards, who won 3 out of 4 in the season series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're gonna have teams with losing records in the playoffs... from BOTH conferences.

 

What is parity again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

What is parity again?

 

A lie manufactured by salary-capped sports leagues designed to fool the consumer into thinking that artificially limiting players' salaries is in the interest of competition.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Six said:

 

A lie manufactured by salary-capped sports leagues designed to fool the consumer into thinking that artificially limiting players' salaries is in the interest of competition.

 

This is...too accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2017 at 9:24 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

We're gonna have teams with losing records in the playoffs... from BOTH conferences.

 

What is parity again?

 

That's expected to happen, I'm pretty sure even mathematically, when more than half of the teams make the playoffs.

 

I like that though.  I like that you don't have to be an elite team to make it to the postseason.  It gives more fans hope, and a reason to keep watching.  In baseball, for example, it's tough to root for a mediocre team because they basically have no chance to even make the playoffs, so why bother.

 

 

On an entirely different note, the Pistons just wrapped up their final game ever at The Palace.  They lost a close one but made a pretty good game of it against a good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2017 at 10:35 PM, SCalderwood said:

 

That's expected to happen, I'm pretty sure even mathematically, when more than half of the teams make the playoffs.

 

I like that though.  I like that you don't have to be an elite team to make it to the postseason.  It gives more fans hope, and a reason to keep watching.  In baseball, for example, it's tough to root for a mediocre team because they basically have no chance to even make the playoffs, so why bother.

 

 

On an entirely different note, the Pistons just wrapped up their final game ever at The Palace.  They lost a close one but made a pretty good game of it against a good team.

 

The ceremonies were lackluster and there was really no buzz. I think a lot of it has to do with the Pistons currently (for the past decade) being garbage, and more so that the Joe's closing night was incredible so it stole all the thunder. Regardless, I'll miss that place but definitely not the drive. The electricity being in there for about 15 games a year from 2002-2007 was incredible. The gong and the flames spewing while Mason yells the names of the starting five still gives me chills thinking about it. 

 

I definitely would've watched it just for nostalgia's sake, but TNT decided to rip the game from FS Detroit.  

 

Playoff Predictions? I know there's a few seeds TBD but I cant help myself.

 

EAST

Boston over Chicago in 6

Cleveland over Indiana in 6

Toronto over Milwaukee in 6

Atlanta over Washington in 7

 

WEST

Golden State over Portland in 4

San Antonio over Memphis in 4

Houston over Oklahoma City in 5

Utah over LA Clippers in 7 

 

Boston over Atlanta in 6

Cleveland over Toronto in 6

 

Golden State over Utah in 6

San Antonio over Houston in 6

 

Cleveland over Boston in 7

San Antonio over GS in 7

 

San Antonio over Cleveland in 6

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now