DiePerske

International Football 2017-2018

Recommended Posts

Meanwhile Barca took it to Real in the Clasico today, 3-0. Lionel Messi notched an assist with one boot on. What a player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Meanwhile Barca took it to Real in the Clasico today, 3-0. Lionel Messi notched an assist with one boot on. What a player. 

Props to Dani Carvajal for a pretty immaculate Suarez impression. 

 

It looks like Serie A is the only title race in Europe that’s got any juice in it anymore. Even then, Inter lost yesterday and Juve beat Roma, so it’s gonna come down to Juventus and Napoli. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2017 at 2:21 PM, Crabcake47 said:

Liverpool have signed Southampton CB Virgil Van Dijk for £75m. 

Man, I did not think Koop was THAT desperate. Van Dijk is pretty good, but not worth much more than £45m. £75m is a steep price to pay for one defender and I don’t think this one signing will fix their defensive issues. They still need fullbacks and a new keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DScruggy729 said:

Man, I did not think Koop was THAT desperate. Van Dijk is pretty good, but not worth much more than £45m. £75m is a steep price to pay for one defender and I don’t think this one signing will fix their defensive issues. They still need fullbacks and a new keeper. 

Totally agree on the keeper part, but our fullbacks have actually done quite well this season imo. Moreno's been a revelation and Robertson has done adequately in his absence. On the right, Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold have been fantastic, specifically Gomez. And if you add Van Dijk's fee to the £0 we paid for Matip, a £75m CB pairing isn't ridiculous in today's post-Neymar transfer market. 

 

We we need a new keeper though, 100%. Hoping we can go after Oblak from Atlético but I would not be surprised if that didn't come off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Totally agree on the keeper part, but our fullbacks have actually done quite well this season imo. Moreno's been a revelation and Robertson has done adequately in his absence. On the right, Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold have been fantastic, specifically Gomez. And if you add Van Dijk's fee to the £0 we paid for Matip, a £75m CB pairing isn't ridiculous in today's post-Neymar transfer market. 

 

We we need a new keeper though, 100%. Hoping we can go after Oblak from Atlético but I would not be surprised if that didn't come off. 

I doubt Oblak leaves Atletico, unless Liverpool through something insane at them. Considering how much they just spent on Van Dijk, I doubt they have the cash to go for a guy like Oblak unless they sell Coutinho. Even then it'd be a hard sell. It'd be more likely Oblak goes to a club like PSG that wouldn't have a problem paying 60-70 mil for him. 

 

Keepers are a hard market, Liverpool could try to go after Donnarumma, but they might have to go with someone like PSG's Kevin Trapp who would only be a minor upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they'll fix that until the summer. Blowing £75 million on Van Dijk screams desperation. They're trying to stay in the top 4, not win the league this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

OHH YOU BEAUTY VAN DIJK

Everton play like crap but scrap a point at Anfield in the PL. Then when they play well, they lose to a team that played worse in the FA Cup.

 

I hate sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool have agreed to sell Phillipe Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m. It’s currently the second highest fee in history, but will become the third highest when Kylian Mbappe’s move to PSG is “made” permanent. 

 

Honestly it really stinks to see him leave now as opposed to the summer, but I don’t fault him for leaving. South Americans adore and idolize Barca, and I can understand him wanting his move as soon as possible. It also stinks that now anyone who we want to buy from (e.g. Monaco or Leicester) will jack up their prices knowing that we’re (in jean-ralphio’s voice) flushed with cash.

 

But no one is bigger than the club. We’ll press on and I honestly believe the current Liverpool squad is strong enough to get top 4 even without Coutinho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In others news, Diego Costa gets sent off in his first League game back at Atletico after scoring a goal. 

 

Glad to see he hasn’t changed after all that time off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 4:40 PM, Crabcake47 said:

Liverpool have agreed to sell Phillipe Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m. It’s currently the second highest fee in history, but will become the third highest when Kylian Mbappe’s move to PSG is “made” permanent. 

 

Honestly it really stinks to see him leave now as opposed to the summer, but I don’t fault him for leaving. South Americans adore and idolize Barca, and I can understand him wanting his move as soon as possible. It also stinks that now anyone who we want to buy from (e.g. Monaco or Leicester) will jack up their prices knowing that we’re (in jean-ralphio’s voice) flushed with cash.

 

But no one is bigger than the club. We’ll press on and I honestly believe the current Liverpool squad is strong enough to get top 4 even without Coutinho. 

#tbt to when Villa were in for Coutinho in 2013, then Liverpool swooped in and that was that

 

sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a bit of a surprise move, Canada has replaced it's men's national team coach Octavio Zambrano with the Women's national team coach, John Herdman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Corvus said:

In a bit of a surprise move, Canada has replaced it's men's national team coach Octavio Zambrano with the Women's national team coach, John Herdman. 

It's a good move for them, as long as he gets out of the men what he got out of the women. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 11:51 AM, MJWalker45 said:

It's a good move for them, as long as he gets out of the men what he got out of the women. 

 

On the other hand, he has literally zero experience on the men's side of the game. No playing career, no coaching or admin experience, zip. Not to say there's no cross over, but it seems like the CSA handed him the job because they were afraid he was going to leave the women's program for another country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now