Section30

High school football posters

With the football season starting I decided to start a new series where I make posters for my high schools upcoming football games, this may evolve into other sports as time goes on but for now I'm sticking to football. These designs will be posted by my schools super fan twitter page for the game days.

For the first home game of the season I decided to keep it simple with the team helmets facing one another. At the top is the phrase "Let them eat cake" which is a reference to the city of Edina being known for having money and being a generally snobby area that the rest of the state loves to hate, and they have gotten the nickname "Cake eaters" for this reason. The background features a US flag because the students will be wearing red white and blue. The bottom has details about where the game will be played and when with the Rosemount football slogan at the bottom. It's a pretty simple design to start with but I plan on doing more intricate designs for future weeks.

59b1a008927e9_footballposteredina.thumb.png.adc444dee0e0f7acdbf939ae61aadf7b.png

Let me know what you think!

57 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Poster looks great, but you should work on getting them to come up with their own "Irish" logo.;)

Funny you mention that, I'm actually working on a series of logos that I'm considering submitting to the school when I'm done.

Very nice poster! good hierarchy and color choices (not to mention ripping on those cake eaters form Edina ;)). It's a very impressive poster!

I went and played at Eagan, and dated quite a few girls from Rosemount so it's fun to see local schools on here. Rosemount/Eagan next week will be fun!

Here was my design for this weeks match up, my Irish took on Eagan and got the dub in "The Pit" which is the name the Eagan students refer to their student section. It's a pretty simple design with the primary colors of each team and a player in each teams uniform on their side. let me know what you think!

59bd86244d9c5_footballpostereagan.thumb.png.0ba857bbfab432fee26715d32f74fc72.png

On 9/16/2017 at 4:17 PM, Section30 said:

Here was my design for this weeks match up, my Irish took on Eagan and got the dub in "The Pit" which is the name the Eagan students refer to their student section. It's a pretty simple design with the primary colors of each team and a player in each teams uniform on their side. let me know what you think!

59bd86244d9c5_footballpostereagan.thumb.png.0ba857bbfab432fee26715d32f74fc72.png

That looks good, what is the name of that white font?

This Week our school celebrated it's 100th year and were featuring this logo that I had actually made so I knew I had to use it in this weeks design. I went for a simple design with the super fans in the background and the information for the game and nothing too crazy. Let me know what you think!

59c98f10e1e11_footballposterfarmington.thumb.png.b2452d9dac8bd28bab88b595514fd4cc.png