Where is the 83rd Grey Cup?

CrimsonBull9584

The 83rd Grey Cup is the only Cup to have been won by an American Team, the Baltimore Stallions from the CFL's short time in the US. However, the Stallions folded shortly thereafter. So where is the physical Grey Cup? Who has it? Is it in Baltimore? Is it with the CFL? I want to know where the cup is and answer the bigger question of what you do with championship trophies for franchise that fold. Where are the USFL Championship trophies? Or the ones for the World Football League, NFL Europe, or the Arena teams that folded. Someone has to have them right?

The only WFL World Bowl trophy- won by the Birmingham Americans, 22-21 over the Florida Blazers on December 5th,1974- is on display at the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame in Birmingham. I have no idea about the other ones you mentioned.

23 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the Grey Cup is like the Stanley Cup, yeah? You get it for a year or however long and then you give it back so the next winner gets it. They don't make a new Grey Cup every year.

You're correct! I believe that winning players even get it for a day like the Stanley Cup.

Yeah the Grey Cup is just a single trophy that gets handed out each year and the winning team and roster gets engraved on it.

I do believe the players get a day with it because I believe Shawn Lemon (of the winning Argonauts) tried to Facetime Bo Levi Mitchell (of the losing the losing Stampeders) with the Grey Cup in Lemon's passenger seat.

IbjBaeE.png

• IceCap locked this topic

Archived