BellaSpurs

Professional American Football Association : Birmingham Wildcats

I did like the back-and-forth of the branding here, but totally understand the timing thing...

I actually quite liked the hand-drawn format you've been using, but I look forward to seeing what you do electronically!

Atlanta Foxes

Founded: 1970

PAFA Championships: 3 (1978 1979 1994)

Uniforms:

Its a classic team so no alternate for them, the home is white and the road is orange, unsurprisingly. Silver pants to go with each jersey. Orange stripes numbers and collars on home whites, and white on road jerseys. 

Helmets:

Silver helmets with the script logo written across it in orange. An Orange and black stripe matches it’s oranges face mask

Logo:

Outside of the fox logo i came up with script logo (metroscript is the font I used) I think it really sells the classic southern vibe I wanted and I hope y’all like!

5jCqeuo.png

Welp there’s the last co-created team, for now atleast. I love the way it came out and the new template I created. C&C is always appreciated!

Throw in more black there, and you've got a BC Lions concept. Anyway, orange and silver is one of the rare color combos you'll gonna see in sports right now. I don't know if it's just me or is it I don't see any silver on the orange jersey?

The Foxes look quite good, though I personally would prefer the really well-done logo on the helmet, and the pretty script on the jersey. The current jersey wordmark is a bit too plain in comparison.

I also second @edjb93's question about the orange jersey.

Regardless, it looks good!

On 9/5/2018 at 9:56 PM, edjb93 said:

Throw in more black there, and you've got a BC Lions concept. Anyway, orange and silver is one of the rare color combos you'll gonna see in sports right now. I don't know if it's just me or is it I don't see any silver on the orange jersey?

In theory the numbers should be outlined in silver as well it just clutters it up too much in the drawing, my bad.

Heres the next team!

Salt Lake City Yellow Jackets

Founded: 1980

Championships: 2 (2011, 2013)

Uniforms: Salt Lake wears all white at home and ”Honeycomb Yellow” jerseys matched with green pants. On both jerseys they have a honeycomb/polygonal stripe pattern along the sleeves and down the pants and helmet.

The alternate is green with yellow shorts, I stayed away from white on this uniform to emphasize the green and yellow.

The number font is agile and fitting for a team with a fierce yellow jacket as a mascot.

Helmets: A yellow helmet adorns the heads of all Utah players. The honeycomb pattern is found here accompanied by the jacket logo. The colors on the logo are white and green instead of yellow

Logos: The primary mark for the Yellow Jackets is an angry yellow jacket in striking postion. With “SLC” written overhead in the same font as the numbers.

VDVCl7t.png

Hope you like SLC! This was supposed to be Houston, but it got knocked back again, I haven’t had the time Ive wanted to adjust them. I mad this and two other teams while working on Atlanta Incase I go a while without uploading. So if not next then Houston’ll be up after that! C&C appreciated! Hope you guys enjoy!

Really digging the Atlanta and Salt Lake logos. Green is an interesting choice for the Jackets; is there any reason you didn't go with black? Not saying I don't like the green though, it looks good. Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

Really digging the Atlanta and Salt Lake logos. Green is an interesting choice for the Jackets; is there any reason you didn't go with black? Not saying I don't like the green though, it looks good. Keep up the good work!

Blacks overused, plus Pittsburgh is done, black and yellow for them.

If I were you, I'd not just have a line of hexagons on the sleeve, but start a tesselated hexagon pattern cut off by the sleeve cuff. A 3-hexagon wide pattern might make for a better helmet and pant stripe, too.

I think white hexagons for the yellow pants to match the helmet. Yellow pants but for the white.

The name's a bit long. "Salt Lake" or "Utah" would be better. The SLC above the logo a la Canucks is unnecessary.

A lot of pretty minor changes, but I think it'd improve the set a bit. Despite all my ramblings, it looks pretty good! The colors match the Jazz well!

On 9/14/2018 at 12:42 AM, vtgco said:

If I were you, I'd not just have a line of hexagons on the sleeve, but start a tesselated hexagon pattern cut off by the sleeve cuff. A 3-hexagon wide pattern might make for a better helmet and pant stripe, too.

I think white hexagons for the yellow pants to match the helmet. Yellow pants but for the white.

The name's a bit long. "Salt Lake" or "Utah" would be better. The SLC above the logo a la Canucks is unnecessary.

A lot of pretty minor changes, but I think it'd improve the set a bit. Despite all my ramblings, it looks pretty good! The colors match the Jazz well!

I really like those ideas, I was also thinking just having a honeycomb pattern for the shoulder but went with this anyway, in hindsight I definitely should’ve chosen the other design.

The SLC and long name, are just for irony purposes honestly, every major pro team has quirks like that. *cough* Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim *cough*, in reality everyone would probably call them the Utah Jackets anyway if this were real.

Thanks for the feedback!

I got time to mess around this weekend and got this next team done, kinda excited to show you guys! Yet another “classic” team, but this just more so happens to be really old, I wanted to try my hand at it and I like how it’s came out!

Birmingham Wildcats

Founded:1959

Championships: 1(1972)

History: 

Founded as one of the original teams in the PAFA, Birmingham is sadly the least successful. Although it has had little to no change since it’s founding. The Cats are always middle of the pack or good, but not championship material. Owned by the first coach to ever coach em, he hasn’t wanted to change anything. “It represents us as a team! We hold our heritage close to our hearts here in Alabama.” Said the owner.

Uniforms:

Simple,simple,simple. At home the Wildcats rock a maroon jersey, white numbers. Matched with white shorts lined with a tapered red stripe. And on the road they were inverted colors. No alternate needed.

Helmets: the only other team to have no logo on their helmets. Maroon helmets with a single white stripe. The face mask was historically white until changed in 2012 when they changed it to maroon when the league changed manufacturers to Nike.

Logo: A wildcat logo, circa 1950’s hasn’t changed since 1972 when the team added a black outline to represent the teams one championship. 

PwwM6TD.png

C&C appreciated! Hopefully you guys will like this as much as I do!