Make Your Own NHL Jersey!

Roger Clemente

We need Gretzky as a Leaf... and we all know why....

Sorry, this was the best I could do...

Crosby-T.gif

I never made the Gretzky-era Leaf jerseys and I'm not sure if I will. Their current jerseys were introduced the season after Gretzky retired so it's be anachronistic to do them that way.

This is also why I didn't do the Habs other white jersey. I didn't do any throwbacks. I may do it someday, but the thing is that there are now so many throwbacks and only a handful of teams are actually wearing them, so I'm not sure sure which ones would be a priority.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crosby-T.gif

Playing Kidd every game would be a guarantee to make this dream come true, wouldn't it?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Crosby-T.gif

Playing Kidd every game would be a guarantee to make this dream come true, wouldn't it?

Don't feel bad, the Leafs are in 28th place right now, excellent position for the draft lottery! :D

Of course, I love what this means...

prestrophy.gif

champssig2.png

Christmas has come early! Thanks for these and all the work that went into making them.

Very much appreciated!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

any chance we could see throwbacks in the near future?

I don't think so. I've already mentioned twice why I wouldn't. That's not to rule them out completely, but getting the resources to some of them would be difficult because they aren't officially worn by the NHL teams and are often only available in certain players. (And IceJerseys.com is not entirely accurate and neither is EA's jersey wallpaper.) I may do them someday, but don't hold your breath on it.

champssig2.png

they aren't officially worn by the NHL teams

?

How about those that are actually worn on the ice?

STL, VAN, BOS (those I can remember)

Not that I really WANT them, Im just curious...

@Frenchie_TO

?

Well, while those may be a lot easier, I would need many photographs of those jerseys PLUS the measurements of the stripes of those jerseys PLUS making the letters and numbers for them (which may be very easy in a few cases, but in other cases, like the Rangers 1970's throwbacks, I'd have to start from scratch to reproduce a very difficult font).

champssig2.png

?

Well, while those may be a lot easier, I would need many photographs of those jerseys PLUS the measurements of the stripes of those jerseys PLUS making the letters and numbers for them (which may be very easy in a few cases, but in other cases, like the Rangers 1970's throwbacks, I'd have to start from scratch to reproduce a very difficult font).

You are such a perfectionist....

... and it sureley pays off.

70s Rangers? Not the 80s Jets rip-off?

(or do I have my decades all confused?)

@Frenchie_TO

70s Rangers? Not the 80s Jets rip-off?

(or do I have my decades all confused?)

Those Rangers jerseys were introduced in 1976, but they only used them for two seasons. The Jets "rip-off" was introduced in 1979 when they first entered the NHL. They didn't use them in the WHA.

champssig2.png

Roger, great work as always!

BTW - Did you know that your old lettering templates are being used by the table hockey community for custom Stiga players?

Thank you.

I didn't actually know that, but I did somewhat suspect it. This is something I would love to get into actually, although I'll probably design my own table and figures. I wish MacFarlane made table hockey figures, that'd be fantastic. I'd love to see picture of these custom skaters, if you can find any.

I wonder how much easier it might be to take these very files I have here, make player jerseys with them, print them off in little squares and glue them onto the back of the little plastic players...

champssig2.png

toronto_w.jpgla_tc.jpg

vancouver_tc.jpgpittsburgh_tc.jpg

more pics for you guys..maybe someone could whip me up an Islanders Home Jersey with McCue 72 on the back for me? I'd appreciate it.

btw: I didnt make these, nor am i taking credit for doing so..I just happened to get the images from someone who happened to have these images on his PC.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Those images are what used to be on CCM's website. No offence, but while it's nice to post these, they are actually quite useless to me because I need the actual measurements of the stripes themselves. (The striping on the 80's Leafs and 90's Kings jerseys are way off and the shoulders on that vintage Blues jersey are oddly incosistent.) That is not possible to get from these "drawings". If I have the actual measurements, it takes little effort at all to make these jerseys. (And the pictures at NHLuniforms.com are more plentiful and much more reliable than these, as they actually offer examples of the letters and numbers)

If anyone out there actually owns any of these throwback jerseys (or others), I can make them easily if you want to send the measurements of them along. Just set the measuring tape or ruler at the cuff and measure up for sleeve stripes. For body stripes start from the bottom of the jersey and go up. Keep it exact, If the measurement shows 1.1 inches instead of 1, tell me.

Of course, if you want to do them yourself, use my Jersey-2 template. Each square of the jersey equals one inch equals ten pixels. For stripes that are .75 inches, I use 7 pixels thick. 1.25 = 12, basically, I round down for a half-tenth. Keep that in mind.

My local sporting goods store has a few of these (and other) throwbacks for sale. If I can, might go and measure them myself tomorrow.

Oh, and I do actually have that 80's Leafs jersey. (It's the only one.) I made it just for the hell of it to show off what vintage player jersey I would buy if I had to buy one (or two):

esau36.gif

crha31.gif:D

None of this, of course applies to the letter and number sets they'd need too.

champssig2.png

Those images are what used to be on CCM's website. No offence, but while it's nice to post these, they are actually quite useless to me because I need the actual measurements of the stripes themselves. (The striping on the 80's Leafs and 90's Kings jerseys are way off and the shoulders on that vintage Blues jersey are oddly incosistent.) That is not possible to get from these "drawings". If I have the actual measurements, it takes little effort at all to make these jerseys. (And the pictures at NHLuniforms.com are more plentiful and much more reliable than these, as they actually offer examples of the letters and numbers)

If anyone out there actually owns any of these throwback jerseys (or others), I can make them easily if you want to send the measurements of them along. Just set the measuring tape or ruler at the cuff and measure up for sleeve stripes. For body stripes start from the bottom of the jersey and go up. Keep it exact, If the measurement shows 1.1 inches instead of 1, tell me.

Of course, if you want to do them yourself, use my Jersey-2 template. Each square of the jersey equals one inch equals ten pixels. For stripes that are .75 inches, I use 7 pixels thick. 1.25 = 12, basically, I round down for a half-tenth. Keep that in mind.

My local sporting goods store has a few of these (and other) throwbacks for sale. If I can, might go and measure them myself tomorrow.

Oh, and I do actually have that 80's Leafs jersey. (It's the only one.) I made it just for the hell of it to show off what vintage player jersey I would buy if I had to buy one (or two):

esau36.gif

crha31.gif:D

None of this, of course applies to the letter and number sets they'd need too.

Rog, I wasnt posting them for you to make anything with them. I posted them for others who maybe wanted to try there hand at doing what you did just with the throwbacks. Useless or not, there are people out there who maybe never saw these before..If anyone wants me to remove them i will.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Ah Crha...

Quite possibly one of the worst goalies to strap on the pads.

Right up there with Hardy Ackstrom (sp?) and...myself.

5.00 GAA and 4 losses in 4 games.

Yeah, that kinda stinx.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Ah Crha...

Quite possibly one of the worst goalies to strap on the pads.

Right up there with Hardy Ackstrom (sp?) and...myself.

5.00 GAA and 4 losses in 4 games.

Yeah, that kinda stinx.

My friend is a die-hard Leafs fan born in T.O. in 1967. He likes to talk about how unbelievable awful Crha was every now and then. So I made that for the hell of it. :D

champssig2.png

I don't care if the guy had a 8.93 GAA, I won't stand here (actually sit) and listen to you guys put down the #1 reason I am now a proud Torontonian married to my wonderful wife...

Yes, Jiri is responsible for that, and anybody working on his biography can contact me, and Ill tell my story...

p.s.: people seem to forget who IS our CURRENT back-up...

@Frenchie_TO

Archived