Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

The issues with the problem are that 1) people are just trying to make money 2) people who buy the jersey just want a cheap jersey. Neither party cares. It saddens me when I see a friend who's proud of their new jersey and I'm sitting there thinking that it's worthless. I think the ones to go after are the ones who make the fakes (which won't happen because most are overseas) or the ones who knowingly sell fakes to deceive the public. If they don't know (which is a shame if they're in that business), then what's the point? If they flat out know, turn them in. Once a few stores get shut down, maybe people will back off. I see it in malls, corner stores, and even vans parked on the road though. It's a huge business in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if there are any powder blue Penguin jerseys that are real in the city.

It's the same thing in Chicago. You can't walk around the city without seeing someone wearing a fake Dustin Byfuglien or Patrick Kane jersey. I was trying to sell a jersey on Craigslist (an authentic one, mind you), and when someone made me an offer and said I was asking too much, he said he'd just buy a fake one and save some money instead. If Reebok doesn't figure out a way to cut costs so that people have to pay less at the store, this problem isn't going to go away.

330zl3b.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

This is the funniest counterfeit i've seen in quite some time.

its like the Jaguars and the Seahawks had a baby, and the baby made the Hawks logo on the sleeves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Earl-Thomas-Signed-Seahawks-Jersey-AAA-COA-/270660777125?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f04a3b4a5

And thats for $110? Wow

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 8 months later...

All my jerseys I own are 100% authetic. I only purchase jerseys from NFL,NBA,MLB,NHL shop.com, and the teams proshop. Every once in a while I will buy an older authentic on Ebay. I can tell by looking at the picture if its real or fake. I had fake jerseys. I will the leagues would do something about it.

The issues with the problem are that 1) people are just trying to make money 2) people who buy the jersey just want a cheap jersey. Neither party cares. It saddens me when I see a friend who's proud of their new jersey and I'm sitting there thinking that it's worthless. I think the ones to go after are the ones who make the fakes (which won't happen because most are overseas) or the ones who knowingly sell fakes to deceive the public. If they don't know (which is a shame if they're in that business), then what's the point? If they flat out know, turn them in. Once a few stores get shut down, maybe people will back off. I see it in malls, corner stores, and even vans parked on the road though. It's a huge business in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if there are any powder blue Penguin jerseys that are real in the city.

It's the same thing in Chicago. You can't walk around the city without seeing someone wearing a fake Dustin Byfuglien or Patrick Kane jersey. I was trying to sell a jersey on Craigslist (an authentic one, mind you), and when someone made me an offer and said I was asking too much, he said he'd just buy a fake one and save some money instead. If Reebok doesn't figure out a way to cut costs so that people have to pay less at the store, this problem isn't going to go away.

Its the same in Washington D.C and Baltimore. I see people wearing hero's of the century Sean Taylor jerseys all the time. A friend was showing off his taylor jersey and was a fake. I din't have the heart to tell him it was fake. I see fake capitals jerseys all the time. Ebay is flooded with fake Steven Strasburg and Harper jerseys. I bought one just to see how it looked. This is how they spelled washington "washhington". funny

Archived