Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

Here's one that I can't tell from the photos (and there are no guarantees these pictures are of the shirt he will send)

WEBSITE

But the price and poor quality of the website including it's (its)spelling (use of 'SSS) hints towards fake....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's one that I can't tell from the photos (and there are no guarantees these pictures are of the shirt he will send)

WEBSITE

But the price and poor quality of the website including it's (its)spelling (use of 'SSS) hints towards fake....

Fake.

Anyone on Facebook a member of the "Authentic Jerseys For Great Prices!!" group?

Irony is he calls it AUTHENTIC.

The "Premier" jerseys he sells don't have the label on the front, how's that???

leafs2.th.jpg

zetterberg.th.jpg

So what's the call? Fake or real

Even more fake. Look at that Zetterberg lettering. Awful, just awful.

Anyone familiar or has used this company to make a purchase? http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/products/ED-BELFOUR-Chicago-Blackhawks-1992-CCM-Throwback-Away-Hockey-Jersey.html I think they list items on eBay too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ED-BELFOUR-Chicago-Blackhawks-1992-Vintage-Jersey-XXL-/230418688390?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35a6062986#ht_3635wt_939

Thinking of making a purchase, but was just curious as to the authenticity, if anyone knew.

belfour_92_bc_big__48602_zoom.jpgbelfour_92_fr_big__97231_zoom.jpg

Legit Belfour jersey. The 75th patch might be a remake, but other than that, looks fine.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Anyone familiar or has used this company to make a purchase? http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/products/ED-BELFOUR-Chicago-Blackhawks-1992-CCM-Throwback-Away-Hockey-Jersey.html I think they list items on eBay too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ED-BELFOUR-Chicago-Blackhawks-1992-Vintage-Jersey-XXL-/230418688390?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35a6062986#ht_3635wt_939

Thinking of making a purchase, but was just curious as to the authenticity, if anyone knew.

belfour_92_bc_big__48602_zoom.jpgbelfour_92_fr_big__97231_zoom.jpg

Legit Belfour jersey. The 75th patch might be a remake, but other than that, looks fine.

Thanks! I can handle the patch and I know these are replica (without the fight strap) but if its a real CCM then I am a happy camper and likely to place an order. I am always a tad nervous when I see player jerseys prices at an "affordable" rate, but a Barber Pole Belfour is quite a site to behold for this Blackhawks fan.

For the record, I joined that "Authentic Jerseys For Great Prices!!" on Facebook that Frenchie mentioned. I posted that the jerseys were so fake that it was almost laughable and the guy promptly banned me from the group. LOL.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 1 month later...

This isn't a store, but New Era caps are made counterfeit for the fact they're popular in hip hop and that. If you're making a fake, do it right. This one made me laugh.

n533705064_4412399_1212.jpg

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

• 2 weeks later...

This story is from a while back but it's funny because not only did they bust a storefront selling fake jerseys but they did it right before a 4-player NFL autograph signing.

http://citizensvoice.com/news/nfl-confiscates-jerseys-from-laurel-mall-store-1.835254

I collect cards/autos/jerseys and I have to say, the only thing that bugs me more than fake jerseys is autographed fake jerseys. There's a place by me with a ton of them--star players, no less--Nolan Ryan, Magic Johnson, Troy Aikman, etc.--probably real autographs, but on obviously fake jerseys.

1zgyd8w.jpg

The P is too small, the buttons should be black, not that orangeish color, the MLB logo on the back is too small, the lettering is too squished, and the numbering is too thick.

330zl3b.png

This is an issue I'm looking for a little consultation on because I'm really not sure how to advance with this. So a little advice would be much appreciated. For the time being, I'm going to leave all of the parties involved unnamed.

The other day I was at a shopping mall which I frequently shop and at a store I've made a few purchases at before. I really do like the mall and have had decent experiences at the store before (as a whole). One thing that has always bugged me about this store was that they were selling counterfeit jerseys and it also has always bugged me that I've never said anything before. So I was at the mall last week and went to the store with the sole intention of saying something about the jerseys.

When I entered the store, there were a couple of people in the store. I waited until they all left before saying something because I really didn't want to have that conversation in front of other customers, out of respect for the store. When I approached the only employee, I made sure to get it out there right away that I wasn't trying to be mean or a dick about the issue, I'm just trying to inform the guy about what he was selling. As soon as I told him that the entire rack of jerseys was counterfeit, he said right away that they buy all of their stuff directly from Reebok and Majestic and that he's seen the invoices confirming that. I just gave the guy a little smirk and asked if he "was sure about that." After a minute of conversation or so, the only thing the guy would say to me after every sentence that I uttered was that they buy "directly from Reebok and Majestic." Finally just said "If you don't like them, don't buy one." I quickly replied with "Trust me I won't, I'm telling you this for your benefit, not mine." He lastly mentioned that it would be "illegal to put a Reebok or Majestic logo on something that wasn't an official product." I didn't say anything to that comment but that was my point all along. I finally just wished the guy a good day and left because the guy was about 30 seconds from telling me to leave the store.

Immediately when I got home that day, I was about 2 seconds away from going straight to Reebok and Majestic with the problem. The more I thought about it though, the more I backed off of that. I consider that to be the last resort. I back off of that because I really don't think the people at the store know what they have, even though I just told them. I don't doubt at all that their invoices say Reebok and Majestic, because they probably do. To the untrained eye, that is good enough. The problem is that they are probably dealing with a third party which is selling counterfeits and counterfeiters are pretty good at what they do. If I go straight to the manufacturers, both the mall and store may get into potential hot water and that's not what I want to do by bringing this issue up. Especially since I think it's a matter of misinformation, rather than deliberate counterfeiting. I want to help inform the store of what they are doing and help them correct the issue and I don't know how to correctly do that. That is where I am looking for some advice.

Being a jersey collector I'm pretty good at spotting counterfeits. I do my research before making purchases. I wouldn't have even approached the guy behind the counter about the issue if there was any doubt at all in my mind that I may be wrong about what is on the racks in the store. 99.9% positive in my mind is not good enough in an issue like this because that still leaves a little doubt. I was 100% positive that those jerseys were counterfeit and I had to say something.

A couple of years ago I bought an authentic Cubs alternate jersey from Wrigleyville Sports, which is right across the street from Wrigley Field. They have that same exact jersey (with a different player on the back) in stock in the store in question. I'm thinking about wearing my jersey to the store some time next week and using it against the one in stock to show the differences between what I have and what they have. I don't know whether that would be productive or if they would try turning it around saying that I'm the one wearing a counterfeit. I don't know. As I said, I'm just looking for some advice on how to proceed with this. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Carolina Panthers

Dallas Mavericks

Detroit Red Wings

Florida Marlins

Manchester City Football Club

This is an issue I'm looking for a little consultation on because I'm really not sure how to advance with this. So a little advice would be much appreciated. For the time being, I'm going to leave all of the parties involved unnamed.

The other day I was at a shopping mall which I frequently shop and at a store I've made a few purchases at before. I really do like the mall and have had decent experiences at the store before (as a whole). One thing that has always bugged me about this store was that they were selling counterfeit jerseys and it also has always bugged me that I've never said anything before. So I was at the mall last week and went to the store with the sole intention of saying something about the jerseys.

When I entered the store, there were a couple of people in the store. I waited until they all left before saying something because I really didn't want to have that conversation in front of other customers, out of respect for the store. When I approached the only employee, I made sure to get it out there right away that I wasn't trying to be mean or a dick about the issue, I'm just trying to inform the guy about what he was selling. As soon as I told him that the entire rack of jerseys was counterfeit, he said right away that they buy all of their stuff directly from Reebok and Majestic and that he's seen the invoices confirming that. I just gave the guy a little smirk and asked if he "was sure about that." After a minute of conversation or so, the only thing the guy would say to me after every sentence that I uttered was that they buy "directly from Reebok and Majestic." Finally just said "If you don't like them, don't buy one." I quickly replied with "Trust me I won't, I'm telling you this for your benefit, not mine." He lastly mentioned that it would be "illegal to put a Reebok or Majestic logo on something that wasn't an official product." I didn't say anything to that comment but that was my point all along. I finally just wished the guy a good day and left because the guy was about 30 seconds from telling me to leave the store.

Immediately when I got home that day, I was about 2 seconds away from going straight to Reebok and Majestic with the problem. The more I thought about it though, the more I backed off of that. I consider that to be the last resort. I back off of that because I really don't think the people at the store know what they have, even though I just told them. I don't doubt at all that their invoices say Reebok and Majestic, because they probably do. To the untrained eye, that is good enough. The problem is that they are probably dealing with a third party which is selling counterfeits and counterfeiters are pretty good at what they do. If I go straight to the manufacturers, both the mall and store may get into potential hot water and that's not what I want to do by bringing this issue up. Especially since I think it's a matter of misinformation, rather than deliberate counterfeiting. I want to help inform the store of what they are doing and help them correct the issue and I don't know how to correctly do that. That is where I am looking for some advice.

Being a jersey collector I'm pretty good at spotting counterfeits. I do my research before making purchases. I wouldn't have even approached the guy behind the counter about the issue if there was any doubt at all in my mind that I may be wrong about what is on the racks in the store. 99.9% positive in my mind is not good enough in an issue like this because that still leaves a little doubt. I was 100% positive that those jerseys were counterfeit and I had to say something.

A couple of years ago I bought an authentic Cubs alternate jersey from Wrigleyville Sports, which is right across the street from Wrigley Field. They have that same exact jersey (with a different player on the back) in stock in the store in question. I'm thinking about wearing my jersey to the store some time next week and using it against the one in stock to show the differences between what I have and what they have. I don't know whether that would be productive or if they would try turning it around saying that I'm the one wearing a counterfeit. I don't know. As I said, I'm just looking for some advice on how to proceed with this. Any advice would be much appreciated.

The guys don't care---seriously.

I came into a store one day, and told the manager I was looking for a job, and that I have a set of skills that would help him if he was interested-- That was spotting counterfeit merchandise, and knowing which counterfeit merchandise looks and is closest to the best.

He confrimed they were fake, but he couldn't hire me because rent was 15,000 a week in a store (I believe that, I had worked a few Mall spaces down and it was 22k.)

Few months pass, and I walk in. The guy behind the counter says something to me "Can I help you with anything?" I asked where did the jerseys go. He said they sold out, but he has them all behind him in boxes.

Long story short, I flat out asked---did you get caught selling fake jerseys and can't put out or sell your new batch. He went balistic.I then said, I told your owner he'd get caught with bad fakes if he didn't step up his game. He followed me out the mall still screaming, and i laughed the whole time.

Until he came out to my car, and I had to sock him in his teeth.

Turns out he was the owners son.

(BTW, When you need a job, you use what you can to make it happen. I wouldn't have liked selling fakes, but if thats how I get a paycheck, then "INAuthentic's I would have sold". Besides, I just work there.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The issues with the problem are that 1) people are just trying to make money 2) people who buy the jersey just want a cheap jersey. Neither party cares. It saddens me when I see a friend who's proud of their new jersey and I'm sitting there thinking that it's worthless. I think the ones to go after are the ones who make the fakes (which won't happen because most are overseas) or the ones who knowingly sell fakes to deceive the public. If they don't know (which is a shame if they're in that business), then what's the point? If they flat out know, turn them in. Once a few stores get shut down, maybe people will back off. I see it in malls, corner stores, and even vans parked on the road though. It's a huge business in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if there are any powder blue Penguin jerseys that are real in the city.

KISSwall09.jpg

It's a huge business in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if there are any powder blue Penguin jerseys that are real in the city.

The Post-Gazette had an article a while ago about how popular the blue jerseys were. I emailed the reporter and explained that they are so popular because they are all fake and cost $50-$60 in the Strip instead of $150 or more for the real deal. Didn't hear back but I did see another article shortly after about ICE seizing a TON of fake jerseys at the cargo terminal of the airport.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived